Narrow gauge signals

PortLineParker

UK Route Builder
Hello everyone,

I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction here, as I don't seem to be having much luck! Does anybody know of any signals in Trainz that are suitable for 2ft gauge? I'm building the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway for TANE, and have included the narrow gauge North Gloucestershire Railway. The only thing I can't find are signals. In real life, the railway makes use of small GWR style signals, as seen in the pic below:
passengers-must-not-pass.jpg

Does anything exist like this in Trainz? It doesn't have to be GWR, as I'm sure there aren't any, but who knows? I'm hoping someone does on here!
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

I have some lower quadrant signals on the DLS suitable for NG use, they are in the style of the McKenzie and Holland signals supplied to the Ffestiniog. Also look at the full range of the ones by ChrisAW, especially the GWR/BR(W) and M&H varieties. There are also some Midland signals around which might be good.

If you want to modify any of mine by changing the mesh position etc. in the config feel free to.

Hi edh6,

Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for! Is there any way to lower them? I know you can change the offset in the config but not sure about height...
Many thanks,

PortLineParker

Edit: My bad, was looking at the wrong one! The height is perfect!

Last edited:
Try putting a position tag into the mesh table for the main signal post. I haven't tried this in Trainz but it should work. Obviously change the value of the z component to suit your location.

Code:
  {
    mesh                                "post.im"
    auto-create                         1
    position                            0,0,-1
  }

Back