Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sessions for the Port Zyd & Fulazturn layout

Phil, your work is fantastic, but the driver command "drive though all trackmarks" does not work. The AL trainz do not make it all the way though the route with out the track marks. what am I missing?
    Hand313

Hi 313 --

Hmm -- this is another one of the "features" that pops up when Trainz is patched. It worked before; now it don't. And I'm left with the dilemma -- every time this happens should I go back and update all my content? Or should I hope that the next patch will correct it? I'm not sure which of the two options is the correct one. On the one hand my life is too short; on the other I feel that I do have a duty to all you guys out there.

Anyway, the solution if you want to implement it is to edit the session. Go into Rules / Central Portal Control. For the AI trainz instead of the "Drive through all trackmarks" use the individual track marks. From memory they will be something like a(01), a(02), a(03) ... for the anticlockwise AI and c(01), ... for the clockwise AI.

It's a real shame that the "Drive through" no longer works. It save a lot of tedious work entering each trackmark. Oh well ... .

Good luck,
    Phil
    Last edited by philskene; April 18th, 2018 at 09:01 PM.

I ran #1 last night with no problems. AI did what it should. I am not in the beta process, just have SP2. Nice work Phil. Very entertaining and I could finish it with no problems.
    TRS19 104479 - T:ANE 94812
    i7 6700K @ 4.0 ghrtz, nVidia 970
    I don't have a PhD, I have a DD214 - Freedom carries sacrifice

United States of America, Maryland, Baltimore

Hi Phil

Just my two cents worth. Wait for the update to exit Beta before you try any changes. You waste a lot of time otherwise. And of course you can always say for such and such build. Thanks you all your work on routes and session, you do more sessions than anyone else I think.

Rob

Thanks phil. i have been doing just that, but like you say that's a lot of work. now I know I wasn't doing any thing wrong
    again thanks for all your hard work,you really know how to do your thing.
    hand313

Default Problem with Port Zyd session Harbor train

When heading towards picking up the empty trucks, I get stuck at a red signal - Dwarf1. I stood there for more than 15 minutes and nothing changes. BTW, Port Zyd is magnificent! Thanks for the huge effort.

Hi Wim --

That session, with all the text boxes, pop-up bubbles and locked switches, is by a different hand. And whoever did the session within N3V also added that dwarf signal. I've had a look at the session and can honestly say I dunno why that dwarf don't clear. It should 'cause there is that Signal Man dude between the dwarf and the freight cars further down the track. So sorry ... . Have you tried just driving through the red? If you do, do you get the dreaded "It's Game Over Man, Game Over", which always reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

For those who have't seen the tread, I have updated this layout to full TRS19 (TRS19 track, 3D PBR textures, TurfFX grasses, SpeedTrees) standards:

I think it's a considerable improvement over the TMR version.

I put this update into the N3V "system" some time ago, from memory shortly after Adam was born, with the suggestion that it be made freely available to those who had previously purchased the layout. I suspect that N3V must be overwhelmed because I've had no reply. But if anyone reading this wants to give N3V a little reminder of the existence of an update ... .

Phil

Default Problem with Port Zyd session Harbor train

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Hi Wim --

That session, with all the text boxes, pop-up bubbles and locked switches, is by a different hand. And whoever did the session within N3V also added that dwarf signal. I've had a look at the session and can honestly say I dunno why that dwarf don't clear. It should 'cause there is that Signal Man dude between the dwarf and the freight cars further down the track. So sorry ... . Have you tried just driving through the red? If you do, do you get the dreaded "It's Game Over Man, Game Over", which always reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsx2vdn7gpY

For those who have't seen the tread, I have updated this layout to full TRS19 (TRS19 track, 3D PBR textures, TurfFX grasses, SpeedTrees) standards:

I think it's a considerable improvement over the TMR version.

I put this update into the N3V "system" some time ago, from memory shortly after Adam was born, with the suggestion that it be made freely available to those who had previously purchased the layout. I suspect that N3V must be overwhelmed because I've had no reply. But if anyone reading this wants to give N3V a little reminder of the existence of an update ... .

Phil

-> Video link, very good.
    Yip that's what happens: Game over...

But you got me thinking and I gave a driver command to just drive and then I got through.

Thanks for the reply, and getting my thoughts into gear.

I'm enjoying your creativity, thank you for your huge efforts.

Wim