NARM WIP/Content at work

In December of 1944, the Union Pacific took delivery of it's final steam locomotive. The engine itself as a product of wartime production, and wouldn't have been built if World War II hadn't begun. This locomotive was of the FEF-3 class, the most modern steam locomotives ever built for the UP. Capable of hauling freight and passenger trains at speeds exceeding 100 mph. Assigned to it was the highest number in the 800 series: 844. Rolling out of the shops, the engine looked quite different to how many know her now. No mars light sat above her headlight, and no elephant ears adorned her smokebox. Ready for her builders photo, the workers and railroad officals posed in front of the camera, and as the shutter clicked the first ever picture of 844 was taken. Many more would come after. As the engine was prepared for its long journey from the Alco shops in New York to the Union Pacific's home base in Omaha, no one could imagine the fame and legacy the 844 would leave behind, or what a unique history the locomotive would have, for at the time the 844 was just like any other engine that rolled out of Alco's shops.

This however, was just the first chapter in the story of Union Pacific #844.

BEIfC8r.jpg

Man, I wish there were some Old Steam era UP, SP and NP Hopper Cars. I think I'll get started in the morning.

I would too man. Unfortunately, it seems that I will never escape my computer woes. My laptop has started crashing to a black screen at random so it is off at best buy yet again. It seems that every semester of school must have a mandatory technological failure of some sort. Hopefully I'll be back at it soon.

Hello all, Just have a couple renders:
(Pleas pardon the large pics.)

First, I decided to update my coupler mesh a bit as my older one was well... it certainly was not my best work. In any case, its finished off and updated source files for the coupler will appear in an upcoming NARM release. Along with a couple other things...

0969dc2b5acd464404827c03e09ebc30.png

Next up, a little something hiawathamrr requested for some of his upcoming payware route and sessions... This SD40-2 will also be joined by a GP38-2 and an SW1500.

3b7b4c776ea5e1e2475ec6d0c462413a.png

And of course the late Challenger:
The 25-C Tender:

686a99d18549058c02afce988bfd2cd5.png

And the loco itself. There really hasn't been much change here as my attention has been focused elsewhere as of late...

12f22bb56acbe2512d310a6866e0f93c.png

Sometimes I wonder if I overload myself lol. However, sometimes I don't really mind having a few projects going all at once, If I get frustrated with one, I can just turn my attention to another and come back to it later.

Take care folks!

Last edited:
Back