NARM WIP/Content at work

I beg to differ, the one he made is very, very green. While some roads painted their locomotives in a similar color to what is present on the model, I have yet to see one of these Yellowstones with such a color on it. I mean no disrespect, but that is very clearly not blueish grey.

-Ben
I just eyeballed the color. I will try again with a better color.

I'm really excited about your DM&IR Yellowstone. The last time I've been this excited is waiting for K&L Trainz to release their model of Southern 630. I've managed to get Dermmy's EK3 route into TANE and am looking forward to running it on that route. I know that it was built to haul iron ore, but it should work just fine hauling long trains of coal. I'm making the route into a fictional railroad that is 100% steam. Here's the story: CSX, the owner of the route EK3 is based on, decided to put the EK3 up for sale. A shortline holding company picked it up and decided to take advantage of all the coal mines and make this new railroad the first 100% steam railroad in decades. They didn't build brand new locomotives, but instead used ones that are at museums and on display at other places (i.e. city parks) and restore them. They only restored locomotives that were in a condition that would make it feasible to restore it, such as Chesapeake and Ohio 4-8-4 #614.

Sweet! Even though it is on progress, it will be worth the wait for the release. Along with the DM&IR M3 Yellowstone, I'll patiently wait for it's release. And might possibly change my channel name to something that fits me.

My Godred, that Yellowstone ... You've recreated my childhood's favorite steam locomotive. I really appreciate that you're working on it. Keep this good stuff up! @mre12ax7

Some of USSc1798's work on JR's Tidewater Point remake.

mWqr0Hv.jpg

52JIRi6.jpg

The hype is real for that Challenger. May I ask, is there an option for Clinchfield and D&RGW versions included in the upcoming pack?

The hype is real for that Challenger. May I ask, is there an option for Clinchfield and D&RGW versions included in the upcoming pack?

There are currently no plans to do a Clinchfield challenger. However, there are plans to create a DRGW skin for the challengers although they may not make the next NARM release.

Both UP & DRGW Challengers where built by alco at least the the DRGW L-97s and not the L-105s (built by Baldwin) the only difference on the DRGW L-97 that I can see is just the rectangle number plate instead of the Union Pacific sheild going off on what I can see on my Broadway Limited Imports model.
open

Last edited:
Both UP & DRGW Challengers where built by alco at least the the DRGW L-97s and not the L-105s (built by Baldwin) the only difference on the DRGW L-97 that I can see is just the rectangle number plate instead of the Union Pacific sheild going off on what I can see on my Broadway Limited Imports model.
open

You mean this?
Rio%20Grande%20L97%203802.jpg

Lionel did this type quite a bit actually

The DRGW challengers built by ALCo were originally meant to go to UP. DRGW had asked for more FTs, but the war production board decided to send them some of the newest batch of UP Challengers instead. DRGW was not impressed with their performance, finding the firebox was rather small for their liking (not to mention they were not as strong as the Baldwins that DRGW had ordered before). DRGW refused to buy them and instead leased them. They were sidelined as much as possible, and eventually transferred to Clinchfield.

-Ben

You mean this?

Lionel did this type quite a bit actually

The DRGW challengers built by ALCo were originally meant to go to UP. DRGW had asked for more FTs, but the war production board decided to send them some of the newest batch of UP Challengers instead. DRGW was not impressed with their performance, finding the firebox was rather small for their liking (not to mention they were not as strong as the Baldwins that DRGW had ordered before). DRGW refused to buy them and instead leased them. They were sidelined as much as possible, and eventually transferred to Clinchfield.

-Ben
that's exactly what I meant. And I also know the history of the challengers of the DRGW had family that work for the company and founded one of the smaller lines that where absorbed into it.

Clinchfield loved UP challengers, their other challengers were the same as the early UP challengers.

My question, is there a planned release date for the challengers? I ask so I can know when they will arrive onto the internet

Back