NARM WIP/Content at work

Progress on the SD49 model. I've started the tedious work of adding the handrails. The other side has made it to about the same point. I've also got a very basic roughed out shape for the plow, next in line regarding that will be adding cuts and better defining its shape so that it actually looks more like a plow. Still on the to-do list are the steps, underframe and pilot details, fan grilles, finishing the handrails, windows, a rebuilt headlight and rear light (not happy with the ones I have currently), bell, and so on so forth, and that's before I send it to blender for mapping, normal correction, and poly reduction. List is still long, but getting shorter, and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.

9f0b9d81b9ab9c816172b971de0a7655.png

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Utah Belt rolling stock pack somewhere because I can't find it if there is one.

There is not at the current moment. The UB rolling stock seen above will be available once a major overhaul of our current site is complete. Should hopefully make things a little easier to find when they do go up.

Progress on the SD49 model. I've started the tedious work of adding the handrails. The other side has made it to about the same point. I've also got a very basic roughed out shape for the plow, next in line regarding that will be adding cuts and better defining its shape so that it actually looks more like a plow. Still on the to-do list are the steps, underframe and pilot details, fan grilles, finishing the handrails, windows, a rebuilt headlight and rear light (not happy with the ones I have currently), bell, and so on so forth, and that's before I send it to blender for mapping, normal correction, and poly reduction. List is still long, but getting shorter, and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.

(render snipped)

Looks good Southern1581! Will there be SD50S as well in the future?

Cheers, ns2616

There is the potential for an SD50S (referring to the N&W version, could potentially do the Utah RR version as well but it'll be more work). The 49 and the standard 50 share a common frame, same as the GP49 and 50, so when I finish my 49 I will rebuild the engine compartment and radiator section to make an SD50 with minimal additional effort. The S version will be interesting, because while I have a lot of the parts I need already made, I will have to shorten the frame and change several other things around. It'll be interesting to build if I do go for it. This is distant future stuff though, but I will definitely consider it.

Evening Southern 1581 (NARM)

Looking Good on that "SD49 model" you posted up here. Just dropped in to snoop around and see all the great pictures everyone is sharing.

COER (Ex-KCS) 3 Bay ACF Centerflow hopper coming soon. Also standardizing my LK&R fleet as well. The 3 bay hopper has been redo and will be re-released.

884e57f9963ec31bb94d320d2805b0b3.jpg

02ecf8838dc775a370f45febae252b77.jpg

Last edited:
No offense, Kai, but that black band on the middle of the cab on those units really just looks wrong to me. Maybe turn it into a diagonal stripe from the back of the nose, going towards the back? That'd look cool in my opinion.

Yes! Would you be willing to add this kind of skin into the pack?

I don't see it being a problem.

No offense, Kai, but that black band on the middle of the cab on those units really just looks wrong to me. Maybe turn it into a diagonal stripe from the back of the nose, going towards the back? That'd look cool in my opinion.

That is how the scheme is suppose to be with the black band on the cab.

Last edited:
Back