NARM WIP/Content at work

Hello all, Just have a couple renders:
(Pleas pardon the large pics.)

Next up, a little something hiawathamrr requested for some of his upcoming payware route and sessions... This SD40-2 will also be joined by a GP38-2 and an SW1500.

The SD40-2 looks awesome Austin!

Made some progress on the Late Challenger...
9d1b18fe15157ef053e1a6d27b4abff2.png

As usual, please note that this is a WIP and everything you see is subject to change.
will it be equipped with smoke deflectors or nah
Absolutely!

Austin mention something you told me over Skype.
Are you referring to when I told you that my old computer crashed and I lost all the files on it? Including my blender files?
Probably, good thing I had a backup, and a new computer I had just bought about a month previously.

Last edited:
(FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAM)
As usual, please note that this is a WIP and everything you see is subject to change.

Are referring to when I told you that my old computer crashed and I lost all the files on it? Including my blender files?
Probably, good thing I had a backup, and a new computer I had just bought about a month previously.
Yeah, he got me good when he said that. But good thing you got a new pc! Looks amazing Austin. Keep it up :)

9d1b18fe15157ef053e1a6d27b4abff2.png

Absolutely!

Are you referring to when I told you that my old computer crashed and I lost all the files on it? Including my blender files?

I just have to say that looks AWESOME! Maybe someone should re-do the Big Boy at some point. The built-in one is pretty pathetic.

Y'know, Kai...the Union Pacific numbering font doesn't really work on many non-UP locomotives. Especially in this case considering the Utah Belt, according to JR, uses a Southern Pacific style font for their numbers. I know it's a fictional road, but still. Didn't you use the same numbering font on the CSX Dash-9s you did? It's not really...correct.

Also, i downloaded your NARP HP-Trainz GP38-2 and noticed it uses the same cab interior from the original locomotives, which you wouldn't have unless you had those locomotives, which are payware. Doesn't that count as illegal distribution of payware?

Last edited:
Y'know, Kai...the Union Pacific numbering font doesn't really work on many non-UP locomotives. Especially in this case considering the Utah Belt, according to JR, uses a Southern Pacific style font for their numbers. I know it's a fictional road, but still. Didn't you use the same numbering font on the CSX Dash-9s you did? It's not really...correct.

Also, i downloaded your NARP HP-Trainz GP38-2 and noticed it uses the same cab interior from the original locomotives, which you wouldn't have unless you had those locomotives, which are payware. Doesn't that count as illegal distribution of payware?

The screenshot shows the locomotives with the correct numbering font.

Also we have permission from HP-Trainz to do re-skins and release them on any of their content. Hence, HP-Trainz Certified Content section on our website...

The screenshot shows the locomotives with the correct numbering font.

LOL You changed it after i posted, didn't you? (Last edited by Trainman10; Today at 06:13 PM.) Ah well, at least you changed it, i guess.

Also we have permission from HP-Trainz to do re-skins and release them on any of their content. Hence, HP-Trainz Certified Content section on our website...

Huh...interesting. I just figured since the original engines are payware, they wouldn't allow you to release all of their content for free with your own engines. Just making sure.

LOL You changed it after i posted, didn't you? (Last edited by Trainman10; Today at 06:13 PM.) Ah well, at least you changed it, i guess.

Huh...interesting. I just figured since the original engines are payware, they wouldn't allow you to release all of their content for free with your own engines. Just making sure.

Yeah I realized I posted the place holder shot instead of the final product lol. NARM and HP-Trainz are partnered together so we have special permissions with them.

Trainman10 I just noticed the logo in your banned strongly represents the CNW logo. I have had trouble getting it to look the proper way when I try it out myself. Would you mind adding me on Skype for in depth details? As I need it for an upcoming project.

Back