Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: NARM WIP/Content at work

United States of America, Washington, Spokane

Another coming soon.

Last edited by Trainman10; October 9th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.

Y'know, Kai...the Union Pacific numbering font doesn't really work on many non-UP locomotives. Especially in this case considering the Utah Belt, according to JR, uses a Southern Pacific style font for their numbers. I know it's a fictional road, but still. Didn't you use the same numbering font on the CSX Dash-9s you did? It's not really...correct.

Also, i downloaded your NARP HP-Trainz GP38-2 and noticed it uses the same cab interior from the original locomotives, which you wouldn't have unless you had those locomotives, which are payware. Doesn't that count as illegal distribution of payware?
    Last edited by chris2001trainz2010; October 9th, 2017 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    Y'know, Kai...the Union Pacific numbering font doesn't really work on many non-UP locomotives. Especially in this case considering the Utah Belt, according to JR, uses a Southern Pacific style font for their numbers. I know it's a fictional road, but still. Didn't you use the same numbering font on the CSX Dash-9s you did? It's not really...correct.

Also, i downloaded your NARP HP-Trainz GP38-2 and noticed it uses the same cab interior from the original locomotives, which you wouldn't have unless you had those locomotives, which are payware. Doesn't that count as illegal distribution of payware?
    The screenshot shows the locomotives with the correct numbering font.

Also we have permission from HP-Trainz to do re-skins and release them on any of their content. Hence, HP-Trainz Certified Content section on our website...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainman10 View Post
    The screenshot shows the locomotives with the correct numbering font.
    LOL You changed it after i posted, didn't you? (Last edited by Trainman10; Today at 06:13 PM.) Ah well, at least you changed it, i guess.

Also we have permission from HP-Trainz to do re-skins and release them on any of their content. Hence, HP-Trainz Certified Content section on our website...
    Huh...interesting. I just figured since the original engines are payware, they wouldn't allow you to release all of their content for free with your own engines. Just making sure.

Quote Originally Posted by chris2001trainz2010 View Post
    LOL You changed it after i posted, didn't you? (Last edited by Trainman10; Today at 06:13 PM.) Ah well, at least you changed it, i guess.

Huh...interesting. I just figured since the original engines are payware, they wouldn't allow you to release all of their content for free with your own engines. Just making sure.

Yeah I realized I posted the place holder shot instead of the final product lol. NARM and HP-Trainz are partnered together so we have special permissions with them.

Blog Entries

Trainman10 I just noticed the logo in your banned strongly represents the CNW logo. I have had trouble getting it to look the proper way when I try it out myself. Would you mind adding me on Skype for in depth details? As I need it for an upcoming project.
    Biggest Milw Foamer on the planet

Happy Halloween!!!

Blog Entries

Ooooooh. Milwaukee!!
    Biggest Milw Foamer on the planet

Another coming soon.
    By chance, would you be willing to include Utah Belt coal porters, and covered hoppers with those UB Dash 9’s?

Quote Originally Posted by kimo505 View Post
    By chance, would you be willing to include Utah Belt coal porters, and covered hoppers with those UB Dash 9’s?
    You mean like these?

You mean like these?
    Oh my, UB fan's. "There's been an awakening..."

Progress on the SD49 model. I've started the tedious work of adding the handrails. The other side has made it to about the same point. I've also got a very basic roughed out shape for the plow, next in line regarding that will be adding cuts and better defining its shape so that it actually looks more like a plow. Still on the to-do list are the steps, underframe and pilot details, fan grilles, finishing the handrails, windows, a rebuilt headlight and rear light (not happy with the ones I have currently), bell, and so on so forth, and that's before I send it to blender for mapping, normal correction, and poly reduction. List is still long, but getting shorter, and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a Utah Belt rolling stock pack somewhere because I can't find it if there is one.

There is not at the current moment. The UB rolling stock seen above will be available once a major overhaul of our current site is complete. Should hopefully make things a little easier to find when they do go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern1581 View Post
    Progress on the SD49 model. I've started the tedious work of adding the handrails. The other side has made it to about the same point. I've also got a very basic roughed out shape for the plow, next in line regarding that will be adding cuts and better defining its shape so that it actually looks more like a plow. Still on the to-do list are the steps, underframe and pilot details, fan grilles, finishing the handrails, windows, a rebuilt headlight and rear light (not happy with the ones I have currently), bell, and so on so forth, and that's before I send it to blender for mapping, normal correction, and poly reduction. List is still long, but getting shorter, and I'm happy with the progress I'm making.

(render snipped)
    Looks good Southern1581! Will there be SD50S as well in the future?

Cheers, ns2616