NARM WIP/Content at work

lol don't tell me you're going SI3D on people, not allowing pics of reskins. That'd be a shame.

better watch out, UP might sue you for using a likeness of their brand in your virtual model trains

What he more likely means is that you can't redistribute the re-skinned engines outside of your hard drive. Maybe he'll kindly give details of what he means...

Now ultimately no one can stop you from re-skinning anything, even with the threatening licence they might have and then post screenshots. That part is just impossible. But fining out they're being hosted without permission, then we can take some action. Just from what I saw in the past...

Still mostly in the bug fixing and skin work stage. He'll send out an update when we have something more to show.

Last edited:
Hello All! Just a small update here:

Some time ago I came up with an interest of creating the Feather River Route from Oroville to Portola, CA. Fortunately, fishlipsatwork created a DEM that covered that and more. I also found a few necessary bridges on the DLS, the Keddie Wye Bridges by Bendorsey, the North Fork bridge also by Bendorsey, and the West Branch Over-Under Bridge by jjslll54. For a few months, it mostly just sat around on my hard drive with track only complete up to the north fork bridge and the keddie wye was the only thing even remotely close to complete. However, recently I have come back to working on it again. Thanks to wplives.com and wplives.org I have been able to aquire much-needed information to not only hopefully get the project done, but also make it as accurate as possible to represent it as it was in the late steam/transition era.

Here is my first attempt at Oroville, When I first started this yard, I had originally intended for the route to take place in the modern era. And the trackplan you see here feflects that. However, thanks to old Yard Diagrams, I now plan to change it to include the roundhouse (which is sadly no more) and use the steam/transition era trackplan. Also, I do not yet like the trees in this location, not only is it too repetitive, I think that some of the trees I am using here are just too dark for the central valley. Recommendations of trees that are compatible in both TS12 and T:ANE are welcome.

FRC4.jpg

Here is a section of track leading up to the West Branch Over-Under Bridge. This particular screenshot displays a "weakness" of TS12 which is render range. With the render distance set even all the way to 5000m. The distance scenery does not appear, giving the area a pretty bare look. Even though there are trees there....

From here, there is a huge gap between somewhat completed sections of the route. These two screenshots are of West Keddie, CA. I plan to do some revision of this area as I don't yet like it. Neither is it as accurate as I would prefer.

This last screenshot is probably my favorite so far. It depicts the area leading up to the Keddie Wye, which even without the feats of engineering, Is quite awesome.

With these Screenshots you might be thinking. Hang on, there are a ridiculous amount of trees there, what impact does that have on performance?
Currently, with using JVC's WP trees, CL trees, and TrainzItalia Donner Trees, and a few built-in speed trees (both TS12 and T:ANE compatible) performance is slightly better than the Default Mojave Route.

Now, for those of you who might be wondering about the Challengers, don't worry, those will be released sooner than you might think. Along with a couple other things. ;)

You're doing well!! I only see a couple of things that need attention, the most major being the colors (mostly the brass and boiler jacket). If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to let any of us know. We would be more than happy to help you!!

-Ben

You're doing well!! I only see a couple of things that need attention, the most major being the colors (mostly the brass and boiler jacket). If you ever need any help, don't hesitate to let any of us know. We would be more than happy to help you!!

-Ben
i know about the brass. Don't know why its that color. You think the boiler jacket should be a different color? lighter?

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on a bug with one of USSc1978's models. His FEF, hosted on NARM has an animated bell that refuses to stop swinging when one presses the B key a second time.

The boiler jacket should be a grey color with a light green tint (from what I've seen the green is hardly noticable), although some were just straight up black. I can find some pics for you if you want. As for the brass, what color did you use for it? sometimes the game engines makes colors appear very different in game.

-Ben

Last edited:
Just thought I'd give you guys a heads up on a bug with one of USSc1978's models. His FEF, hosted on NARM has an animated bell that refuses to stop swinging when one presses the B key a second time.

If I remember correctly, that is a bug issue common to all steam engines running lilb's script unless a hot fix was made for it. In the short term though, if you have your HUD on, hitting the bell button on the HUD will stop the bell ringing animation until something can be done on the scripting side of things.

I beg to differ, the one he made is very, very green. While some roads painted their locomotives in a similar color to what is present on the model, I have yet to see one of these Yellowstones with such a color on it. I mean no disrespect, but that is very clearly not blueish grey.

-Ben

Back