Article: 15th Anniversary Celebrations begin...

DX12 is not backwards compatible with DX9 neither is DX11 or DX10, there are required files missing which are required by most DX9 games.

So by installing DX9 although already having DX12, these two will not conflict with each other? Is that a myth that by installing Direct X9, will in turn "devolve" Direct X12 therefore downgrading.....geez, kids driving me crazy. Do you know what I am trying to say here? Blasted frustrating trying to explain this as forums have man trolls with the big I am know it alls who can't be bother to answer a simple question without being haughty. I know those types. Pathetic. However, if you could help me with my query without the ego that would be amazing. I just want to know if installing Direct X 9 would in turn be in confliction with my already installed Direct X12? I am running Trainz 2009 as I am not rich enough to afford a mega powerful computer to run the more extravagant versions of Trainz. :( I wasn't sure how to reply or how to ask this question tbh. If you could help me, it would be much appreciated. Many have told me in the past that installing a lower version of DX would downgrade the computer. I am not a computer buff, so forgive me please. :)

So by installing DX9 although already having DX12, these two will not conflict with each other? Is that a myth that by installing Direct X9, will in turn "devolve" Direct X12 therefore downgrading.....geez, kids driving me crazy. Do you know what I am trying to say here? Blasted frustrating trying to explain this as forums have man trolls with the big I am know it alls who can't be bother to answer a simple question without being haughty. I know those types. Pathetic. However, if you could help me with my query without the ego that would be amazing. I just want to know if installing Direct X 9 would in turn be in confliction with my already installed Direct X12? I am running Trainz 2009 as I am not rich enough to afford a mega powerful computer to run the more extravagant versions of Trainz. :( I wasn't sure how to reply or how to ask this question tbh. If you could help me, it would be much appreciated. Many have told me in the past that installing a lower version of DX would downgrade the computer. I am not a computer buff, so forgive me please. :)

DX9 will run alongside DX10/DX11 as they have separate files in the system folders. The DX9 files that are usually already on the system aren't normally sufficient for some games which require a newer version of those files.

Anyone who suggests that installing the DX9 updates downgrades the version isn't familiar with how it works as DX versions can normally co-exist.

Shane

Is it true, that if someone buys TS2015, it is automatically upgraded to TS2017?? Why can't a person download TS2105 and GET TS 2015? Thank you.
N3V does not sell a product called "TS2015". You are talking about a product from a different company.
So:
N3V was not sponsoring the competition to begin with and I am sure if you buy something from the competition you don't get a free upgrade to TMR2017.

I Want to collect all trainz versions right from the beginning. Is it is possible again like which is offered during 15th Anniversary celebration? Is there any way :)

Back