Article: 15th Anniversary Celebrations begin...

Just completed my collection, all the way up to TMR17! Whoa, I feel fully Trainzed!

Thanks, guys! I'll look forward to checking out the progress of Trainz through the years. It will be great placing all of these versions in the library...

Vern;1562036...Anyhow let's see what the price is on TS2010 in the 15th Anniversary sale!...[/QUOTE said:
Your best bet might be to look for the nearest Ollie's Bargain Outlet. I saw the 2009/2010 Trainz editions sold as a pack for under $5. That's how I got hooked into Trainz. Now, about $200 into the habit, I'm still Trainzin'!

Vern, I guess I read to much into your "fire sale" comment.
Definition:
a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy.

Please submit a support ticket regarding your 2010 disk.

No worries Tony, as the download was only $4.99 decided just to re-purchase - have a round of mince pies or a slice of Christmas cake on me!

Directx9c required at a guess?

Thanks Malc and Cascade, I found a DX9c that installs under Windows 10 and TRS2006 works now.

HOWEVER, there's still the issue of Trainz UTC's installation wanting to uninstall something (and who knows what). See attached.

Surely someone else has this problem (and has hopefully resolved it).

Peter.
Trainz%20UTC%20(Un)Install.jpg

Hi Peter. Rename your /Program Files (x86)/Trainz folder then install UTC.

Vern - thanks, I'll have a middy (half pint) instead

cressjl - welcome to the club :)

Last edited:
Hi Tony

Trainz Classics 3 that I have downloaded appears to be a patch version and attempts to patch to a path $\Program Files (x86)\Auran\TC where I have Classics 1 and 2 installed.

There are a number of failures in this installation, particularly as trainzclassicoptoins.txt fails right at the start, and thence, many dlls are not installed, yada, yada, yada.
End of installation says, "Patching complete".

Installing on a separate drive (i.e., Drive F, non windows installation drive) has the same result, incomplete install, missing dlls and no cfg nor trainzclassicoptoins.txt

the installation file I am working with is Trainz_Classics_3_3529_Installer.exe

Would you be able to kindly advise me?

Ta very muchly. Chris

Hello,
First of all: guys you really rock!! Just collecting all the TRS versions... Awesome!
Secondly: Where can you buy time to play all of these?
Thirdly and adressing the issue: on Windows you can also use symlinks now, like in Linux since the very dawn of times:
mklink /J /D <False name - Alias> <Real Directory Name>
Ideal to "cheat" on installers (you can become even Java fan because of that, so be cautious!).

Cheers!

I have downloaded all of the versions of Trainz - except for TS12 which I already had installed on my computer. I bought most of the other versions, but have lost the discs - or thrown them out when I tidied up my spare room and got a bit too enthusiastic. Just a few of questions:

1. I downloaded all three of Trainz Classics, but I just seem to have one program with three routes. Is this correct?

2. I downloaded 2009 and 2010. I only bought 2010 (and I may have the discs somewhere). However, both 2009 and 2010 come up as '2010'. When I click on 'Options' there are separate CD key numbers for 2009 and 2010, but it doesn't matter which one I clock it still comes up as 2010. Both have the identical build numbers (44653).

3. If I download content for earlier versions will the download station know where to put the content so that it can be used with the correct version of Trainz?

4. Trainz (2001) and Trainz UTC (2002) seems to have installed itself as one program (Trainz). Is this correct?

Sorry if these questions are a bit basic.

Last edited:
You needed to watch what the installer was telling you, probably was an upgrade or stand alone option or make sure you installed them into separate folders and not the default one. 2010 will by default upgrade 2009 unless you tell it otherwise.

If the versions have Content Managers then use them to download not the website. If you use the Online DLS website it will download to the last version you installed.
Shane Turner has a utility on his site that you can use to switch which version you are downloading to however it will only be one version at a time.

Hi,
I decided to re-install Windows 7 on my Dell Inspiron 400 (Zino). My other computer is an iMac running Trainz for Mac2 and TANE for Mac. Checking the specs TS2009 seemed to be the best choice for the Dell. I installed it and updated it to build 40040. The next update insisted that Directx 9c was needed. I have been unable to find it. Do you have a proper link that I can use?

Thanks

You needed to watch what the installer was telling you, probably was an upgrade or stand alone option or make sure you installed them into separate folders and not the default one. 2010 will by default upgrade 2009 unless you tell it otherwise.

If the versions have Content Managers then use them to download not the website. If you use the Online DLS website it will download to the last version you installed.
Shane Turner has a utility on his site that you can use to switch which version you are downloading to however it will only be one version at a time.

Thanks for the advice. I re-installed 2009 in a folder I created, but it still went to 2010. I have a partition on my hard disc so I created a folder there and saved 2009 to it. So far it has stuck to 2009, although I have only tried out a few scenarios. I have not tried to download anything yet.

The latest newsletter from 12/23 states that the deadline was extended, which is great, but it doesn't say until when. Further, I've done all of the work for 9 of the titles, it's just the Trainz Classic 1 & 2 that's eluding me. I've never found the link to purchase/download the title, so I can't complete the 15th Anniversary stuff. How can I get the Classic 1 & 2 title to complete my collection? Hopefully it's not too late!

Last edited:
Ahojky vespolek. Vím že jsem asi už dávno mimo obraz,ale mám problém ze kterým si nevím rady.Nedělám TRS dlouho.A stavbu tratí už vůbec ne.Zkrátka jsem takový začátečník.Mám TRS 2004 a v té stavím.Jenže nevím,jak do hry při vybírání dostat "Češtinu" Anglicky muím jen pár slov a to nestačí.Poradil by mi někdo jak na to? V jiných komunitách se na mě všichni vybodli. V TS je pouze Angličtina,MSTS se člověku tak akorát vysmějou(až na vyjímky).Díky, moc by mi to pomohlo.

Back