Article: 15th Anniversary Celebrations begin...

You can ask Apple if they accept our discount vouchers ;)

We considered how we could offer this discount of other purchases. We could offer the discount off full priced TANE for example, but that leaves you worse off than the current 50% off discount.

So the shorter answer is.. no.

You can ask Apple if they accept our discount vouchers ;)

Perhaps if I had credit for the Mac versions I've bought, they might :)

It's a generous offer if you want to buy TANE again with a different content set, but as I don't I guess I'll have to make do with wandering down memory lane and buying my own FCTs without any discount.

You should also have a Mac credit. Please submit a report to helpdesk if you don't.

You should also have a Mac credit. Please submit a report to helpdesk if you don't.

I do have the Mac credit, but unless it can be used on something else, perhaps the TMR DLC routes I would like for TANE, it's no more use to me than the Windows credit.

Since I already have all 10 plus TMR, I was wondering if there was any chance you could re-issue any of the snazzy Tee's or Polo's that you used to have? My TRS2004 versions are both getting a bit long in the tooth.

Martin - we're out of the t-shirt and polo business these days but we'll try and come up with an alternative

yes, and it just goes to the same page that brought me here, ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME STUCK IN AN INFINITE CYCLE@?!!

No, try the link embedded in the sentence "Check out the full details of our 15th Anniversary Celebrations with some exciting giveaways, rewards and more on ..." on that page.

As a registered owner of TS2010 but having thrown the disks out due to no longer being readable, it's a bit of an affront that I have to pay again to download.

Besides that, does the "fire sale" mean that these versions will once again be supported by N3V? H'mm thought not.

I also take it as downloaded version they will be inhibited by DRM preventing the cloning or editing of the built in routes?

Sorry, wrong on all counts Vern.
If you purchased TS2010 from our store we will provide you a free digital link to redownload.
You don't "have" to pay again but feel free to if you want to have a backup copy.
(sounds to me like you are suggesting we can't sell our products because you didn't back up your copy).

Re support, as clearly stated in the product pages these items are sold as is.
They are not DRM - they are the original installs.

And based upon the large volume of very positive feedback and joy people are having getting hold of these version I would suggest your views are very much in the minority.

Also the number of people who have taken advantage of their discount code to purchase TMR and number of people buying older versions it shows this has been one of our more successful promotions.

Lastly, you have now accused us of selling products at too high a price and now too low a price. Would you care to share the goldilocks range you think we should stick to :)

I can't recall where I purchased TS2010 Tony, might have been from the store or it might have been from a re-seller (Just Trains or Amazon).

I already mentioned the price I thought TMR should be selling at - around US$30 - but I can't quite see how you read into my earlier comments that you are selling stuff too cheap - hardly a sentiment I'm likely to express.

Anyhow let's see what the price is on TS2010 in the 15th Anniversary sale!

Edit: TS2010 actually was purchased from the (then) Auran shop on disc so how do I go about obtaining the link, please?

Last edited:
Vern, I guess I read to much into your "fire sale" comment.
Definition:
a sale of goods or assets at a very low price, typically when the seller is facing bankruptcy.

Please submit a support ticket regarding your 2010 disk.

I've thoroughly enjoyed spending the past week, downloading all the earlier versions of Trainz that I wasn't able to purchase previously.

Each version is unique in their own right and I've been able to 'try-out' a few routes of each version. I can now appreciate all the improvements; and all the upgrades over the years, to where Trainz is today.

Today I installed TS2009 after watching with interest, the promotional video in the cabin of a 'UP SD40'. I noticed that the side-window of the cab was animated to open and close; but I have been unable to locate the 'key' control to make it operate. I've checked the Trainz Wiki but without any success. Any ideas?

I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank N3V and their team for providing this great 15th Anniversary service.

Cheers,
Roy

Tony,

Clever idea!

One gets a real feel for just how much Trainz has developed over the years.

I have a couple of wee problems:

[1] (After installing Trainz V1) Trainz UTC seems to want to uninstall something. As it isn't telling me its (un)install path. I obviously abort the install at that time. I did try renaminging the folder of Trainz (V1) to no avail.

[2] TRS2006 (driver) refuses to run (either direct or via CM). CM works OK. Tried other screen resolutions etc.

Ideas?

Peter.

Back