Trainz Model Railroad 2017 is officially released

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We are happy to announce the latest release in the Trainz Simulator series. Commemorating 15 years of railroading on PC, this edition returns to the origins of Trainz and focusses on model railroads.

New customers can access the release version at: [url]https://store.trainzportal.com/products/trainz-model-railroad-2017[/URL]

Existing pre-order customers can update from their beta installation to the release version by starting TMR17 and ensuring their auto-patcher is pointed at the “TMR17 - Public Release” stream.

Also check out the full details of our 15th Anniversary Celebrations with some exciting giveaways, rewards and more…

Tony

Opened TMR 17 and tried to get update but received this message

'No update for TMR 17 is available at the present time'

Terry

Further to that. Closed/opened. This time it worked.

Ignore previous.

Last edited:
Tony

Opened TMR 17 and tried to get update but received this message

'No update for TMR 17 is available at the present time'

Terry

Did you check that you are using the right patch stream (just to make sure it's not something at your end)?

Shane

That's good to know (I'm guessing twarner may have missed an instruction out the first time).

Shane

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I followed the directions for uploading the public release version of TMR17 to my pre-order version of TMR17, and got the same message as Twarner - 'No update for TMR 17 is available at the present time'. I even tried the solution that worked for him. I went out of the program several times, and back in - no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Bob

P.S. Actually, my message was slightly different (don't know whether that matters or not). Mine read 'No patch currently available for this product' Incidently, I was in the TMR2017 - Public Release Stream.

Last edited:
Hi Tony,

Due to your generous discount, sir, the price has gone down for me a lot, however, I rather wait for TANE SP2, as I have been told that TMR17 can be install nto TANE, so I am assuming the discount is all the same, and I should not have any problems?

Thanks in advance
Ish

I held off and downloaded the zip from MyTrainz last night (Australian time) but haven't installed it. Is the release build 85470 (Windows)?

85470 - that's the correct version.

Mac version - we are looking at our schedule to see where we can squeeze that version in.

For people getting "No Patch available" - please provide:
(i) the build number on the Launcher of the version you are patching from (should be 85103).
(ii) the path to the TMR17.exe for that version
(iii) The target path shown in the patcher
(iv) double check the stream is TMR17 Public and not TANE Public

neither of the two versions on two different PC'c will update
85470 - that's the correct version.

Mac version - we are looking at our schedule to see where we can squeeze that version in.

For people getting "No Patch available" - please provide:
(i) the build number on the Launcher of the version you are patching from (should be 85103).
(ii) the path to the TMR17.exe for that version
(iii) The target path shown in the patcher
(iv) double check the stream is TMR17 Public and not TANE Public

@Tony,

(i) Build is 85103.
(ii) path is C:/trainz/TMR17.
(iii) That is the target path shown in the patcher.
(iv) Here there may be a problem - I don't have TMR17 public as a choice. I have TANE public or TMR2017 public as the choices available. Would this make a difference? And if so, what can I do about it? Thanks for the help.

Bob Morrison

Most strange indeed.
Try the following:
Remove your username from the launcher > Trainz Settings > Internet tab
Wait for the validation to fail
Re-enter your details
Wait for the success
Click Start Trainz to ensure that you have access to the current version
Then click Launcher > Trainz Settings > Install tab > Check for Updates

Nope did not work
oh when I try to download TMR items off DLS keeps telling me I need a valid serial number
TMR2017
Serial Number required.

Most strange indeed.
Try the following:
Remove your username from the launcher > Trainz Settings > Internet tab
Wait for the validation to fail
Re-enter your details
Wait for the success
Click Start Trainz to ensure that you have access to the current version
Then click Launcher > Trainz Settings > Install tab > Check for Updates

Last edited:
Please provide screenshots of each step via support.trainzportal.com and they will assist in finding what is happening to your update. It sounds to me like you either have the wrong version installed or the wrong username.

The alternative is to download the full version (4GB) from MyTrainz rather than update (~1GB).

Back