TMR17 85103 just downloaded all my T:ANE purchases, and made a mess

heitkergm

I started TMR17 a couple of days ago, and it wanted to download all of my T:ANE purchases. These include complete route and session sets, as well as additional sessions for the routes in the T:ANE standard edition.

I let it go, and discovered that because the T:ANE standard edition routes are NOT in TMR17, there were lots of faulty items due to missing dependencies. Of course these dependencies could never be resolved because those routes cannot be downloaded, of course.

Some of the complete route and session sets had a few dependencies on some DLS items and some items from the standard items Sorry I can't give a specific list, but I didn't take a list.

So, i reinstalled TMR17 to clean up the mess. And TMR17 wants to download all these routes whenever I start it. I suppose I could download that list and report what's missing, if that's what N3V needs...

Will this be a problem in future, incompatible items will be downloaded into TMR17 (or T:ANE) ?

Thanks,
Matt

Hi Matt,

Welcome to the forums.

Keep in mind that TMR17 is still in beta and therefore things are going to be broken.

This has been reported by others recently and is something that most likely N3V is aware of.

As you and others have noted, I too have received the download option to install all the content from the servers. I have duly cancelled that so not to pollute my install.

I have logged an official report via the helpdesk bug reporting tool.

John

Last edited:
Sorry, this was our mistake. We have two groups of beta testers but only one system for testing (so our pre-order early access users were included in the broader beta test). We will be rolling back these changes shortly.

To resolve any issues with your local install, I suggest that you create a new local data folder. If you want to import anything from your current install to the new folder, open the items for edit first.

https://support.trainzportal.com/in.../0/moving-or-creating-a-new-local-data-folder

Yes I have this issue too, inadvertently clicked download thinking it was addons for TMR and discovered I now have the Skipton & Carlisle Rly route - which is decidedly not a Modelz rly! Presume I have to do a re-install of the basic program and use local folder to install my own routes from TANE to TMR. Will it be possible for N3V to NOT send non model Rly routes to be downloaded in TMR.

Yorkshire

Back