AI passing a green signal, and then stopping right at a junction

PVP_playerPro

𝓣𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓷&#120
Been having an issue that pops up more often than not when playing with AI trains on my route. The AI train will sometimes go through a green signal like normal, but them slam on the brakes just short of a junction set in the proper direction.

Notes:
- after the initial slam on the brakes, it will, every few seconds or so, sort of refresh itself and throttle up and then throttle down very quickly. At least it's trying, right? -.-
- There is a little '!' icon over the AI driver's image, but i don't know what the hell the error is, because T:ANE's driver message window doesn't show up when i click the "show message window" option in one of the upper-right menus in driver mode. Completely stupid.
- There are no other trains on the route, so nothing is blocking any signals or junctions
-Moving the train down the track, via QuickDrive menu move tool, or manually driving it, does not change anything, the train will just sit and struggle with its simple task, like described in the first note.

Here's a gif: https://gfycat.com/JubilantSolidGalah

Nevermind that the train suddenly warps to a higher speed, i was just holding the shift key to speed up the game time and shorten the recording.

The little red beetle on the lower right margin of the screen indicates that there is a script error. Click on it to open up its window and it will reveal, in somewhat cryptic form, what the error is.

The little red beetle on the lower right margin of the screen indicates that there is a script error. Click on it to open up its window and it will reveal, in somewhat cryptic form, what the error is.

Those are unrelated to the issue at hand, there is something up with JR rolling stock/engines in T:ANE that makes them pop up that red bug 99% of the time i use them. I have yet to find those issues

I think you will find you have a signal/points conflict somewhere. The way the train stops would suggest emergency breaking and while I would agree the signals are going red as the train passes them you may well find its not the train itself triggering them but perhaps something further along the route itself being triggered by the presence of the train now entering that section. The first of your notes I think is the key to finding the issue. First look for any rouge signals or points levers along the route ahead of the train. Next perhaps break the track before the next junction along the single track beyond these points. Place a track marker followed by a signal or buffer at the end of the open track and navigate to it using AI. Reconnect the track and move to the next junction repeating the process until you isolate the issue then delete and rebuild it. If its still faulty it would then perhaps suggest that your signal placement is suspect. Peter

Edit: It also occurs to me again relating to your first note that you may well find chattering points/signals ahead of your train along the route which are switching back and forth providing then blocking the trains path to its destination hence its moving/stopping etc.

Last edited:
I think you will find you have a signal/points conflict somewhere. The way the train stops would suggest emergency breaking and while I would agree the signals are going red as the train passes them you may well find its not the train itself triggering them but perhaps something further along the route itself being triggered by the presence of the train now entering that section. The first of your notes I think is the key to finding the issue. First look for any rouge signals or points levers along the route ahead of the train. Next perhaps break the track before the next junction along the single track beyond these points. Place a track marker followed by a signal or buffer at the end of the open track and navigate to it using AI. Reconnect the track and move to the next junction repeating the process until you isolate the issue then delete and rebuild it. If its still faulty it would then perhaps suggest that your signal placement is suspect. Peter

Edit: It also occurs to me again relating to your first note that you may well find chattering points/signals ahead of your train along the route which are switching back and forth providing then blocking the trains path to its destination hence its moving/stopping etc.
none of the junctions are flickering, and there are no conflicting sigals or trackmarkers

Back