Transfer TMR to TANE

Another question.:D
Can I use the same DATA directory for TMR and TANE.
Reason-trying to save space on my Trainz 250Gb SSD.

Cheers Bob

TMR route to TANE not possible due to the built differences - at this stage
same data directory is possible but not recommended due to build differences

As I understand it TMR will be compatible with the upcoming service patch for TANE so it's a matter of just waiting.

TMR trainz build is 4.4
TANE SP1 trainz build is 4.3
TANE SP2 trainz build will be at least 4.4

Wait till TANE SP2 before you try.

I know in the past some folks would edit the config file to bring the build number lower, then import to an older version. Maybe you can clone an item that is 4.4 build, edit it to be 4.3, then try to import it to T:ANE?

Very bad idea to edit these build numbers. Sometimes build numbers don't interfere with route/session formats, but this time they do. You will break things horribly attempting to re-version your build number.

As suggested above, the solution is to wait until SP2 is released to make things compatible again and "re-unite" your builds.

Very bad idea to edit these build numbers. Sometimes build numbers don't interfere with route/session formats, but this time they do. You will break things horribly attempting to re-version your build number.

As suggested above, the solution is to wait until SP2 is released to make things compatible again and "re-unite" your builds.

If he clones it first, then tries it, nothing is going to happen to the original item. Worst case scenario, delete the clones when done.

What would be the advantages/disadvantages of transferring routes and sessions (once we get compatible builds)?

DaveJ

Back