Unlucky Day Trackside

USLWD
Since I had a a little time off before we left for a Thanksgiving dinner at Grandma's I thought I would run down to the CoW (Central of Wisconsin) to see if there was anything moving.

Not long after I arrived I heard a distant P3 so I waited and 5 minutes later the daily local to Kavoori Paper rolled on by. My damn camera didn't go off so I chopped the nose off pretty bad. :(
1512.jpg

So I jumped back in my car and although it was sunny, it was COLD! There was no trace of a train for another 45 minutes untill I heard a familiar P3 again. So I took my camera and went to the other side of the tracks to get a better angle to shoot from.

As soon as I got there I saw the headlight so I set up. Just my luck, as the train drew near two cars stopped right in front of me. I salvaged what I could of the situation. The local was only doing about 20 so I guess that helped a little with the timing.
1513.jpg

I snapped this shot as it passed by me.
1514.jpg

I figured I would count my losses and head to the yard for one last picture. I took a small dirt road on my Uncle's farm down to the tracks.

I took this shot and headed home for a shower before the turkey dinner.
1515.jpg

I hope you liked the shots and story guys,

Steve

Last edited:
Nice pix Steve-O...Did you make it to dinner on time or did that train make ya late :p

Back