Unable to Plot due to Junction Lever Missing

logan061

Guys,I have a problem.When I run my trains to a certain destination.I say navigate to trackmark Colchester.Then a message appear that unable to plot due to junction lever missing,How do I see this missing junction because I cant find it.

Do a process of elimination running a train manually and taking a good look at each set of points ahead from the cab. If you have "trackview ahead" rule, it shows the line ahead, and if interrupted shows void space. Believe it: There is something missing.

A "missing lever" may, in fact, be present but just in the wrong position - i.e. too far from the junction itself. So a visual search for a junction without a lever, unless conducted very carefully, will easily miss the problem point.

Guys,I have a problem.When I run my trains to a certain destination.I say navigate to trackmark Colchester.Then a message appear that unable to plot due to junction lever missing,How do I see this missing junction because I cant find it.

It may say 'missing lever after junction xxx'. If so go to the menu and click 'find object junction xxx' then in surveyor follow the track until you get to the junction that is missing the lever

When I have an AI running problem I tend to choose Easy Mode to sort it in. When a train will not move due to an apparent tack issue I go to the Driver Commands menu for that train along the bottom of the screen and click on the left most arrow icon just before the first Driver Command the train is not obeying to bring up the Command Menu. I then select Stop Train which in turn brings up the Basic Loco Controls (bottom right hand corner of the screen). Use the Basic Loco Controls to set the train in motion at a medium speed I then go back to the Command Menu and select Continue Schedule which it will fail to do due to current track issue.

I then follow the train until it either fall off the end of a broken track or AI again takes control and the Basic Loco Controls panel disappears. Either way you have located the issue. Broken track gets fixed and an intended track end may require a buffer or signal. At points, other than ensuring the track is actually connected, delete the lever and replace it, its quicker and more accurate than trying to relocate it. In the middle of nowhere its frequently a rogue points lever left behind after a route change which could be miles away and sometimes a reversed signal, wrong side of the track like two way working.

I've known trains which will just not follow close to another, change their running order or separate time wise and it all works, unexplained a Trainz quirk. I sometimes get the impression laying single track in the direction of travel tends to work better but accept that could equally be a quirk of me. Peter

Same problem

I keep having this same problem on the Kickstarter route. Its right after the lumber mill on the branch line and all it says is "Unable to plot route. junction Junction 831 is missing lever." I tried removing and re-laying the track that connected to the switch but no luck, It would say the same thing. Is there a solution to this as I drive the AI through this route a lot of times. I've even drove past the switch and it STILL would say that.

In my experience it has nothing to do with a missing lever, as none are missing. Which route, would be useful information!! For example I had this in the Port Tillamook route, and I noted no track shown passed a multi industry. In 2010 you don't have this display, but it may be faulty track and in my cause was track laid UNDER the multi industry, so look for something really odd but hard to find. Moving the track didn't initially show a problem until I looked very close.

It can also mean you have a lever without a junction. Two red arrows are shown and the best way I find them is in mini-map with only consist and junction selected.

Back