Thread: WIP sockets doc

Default WIP sockets doc

I had a bit of spare time this evening, so I wrote up a draft Sockets document. It's not fully specified as yet, just an overview.

<https://docs.google.com/a/auran.com/document/d/1KxCK0hgCnapIZC6x3zrVBuGI79fIJ1o58JUrBOi5LzE/edit?usp=sharing>

Let me know (here, or comment on the doc) if you have any questions or concerns. I've tried to keep things as simple as possible without limiting what you can do with it.

chris

Blog Entries

I think this is what we've been looking for so its a useful document. Is there any information available for TNIStream? It gets a small mention on the WiKi and in trainznativeinterface.h but nowhere else that I can find.

Paul

Nothing at the current time, but if we make use of it here then it will be included in the next release.

chris

Anyone have any further comments on this doc? Otherwise I'll get it scheduled as is.

chris

Looks straightforward to me at the moment. Questions will certainly rise once we try to use the socket API.

Hi Chris,

Have you updated TNI in the new Trainz Dev Build with these functionalities ?

Not as yet. Will let you know when there's something relevant to TNI.

chris