unable to link compiled script class

justinroth

Just recently I have had a bunch of JR rolling stock go faulty with the error "unable to link compiled script class". I performed an EDR, tried opening up for edit and re-commiting and also tried re-installing the latest train efx lib. (v 1.34b) to no avail. Any suggestions? Most of the stock affected are tank and covered hoppers.

edit:It seems after doing a little more research I need to delete the contents of my libraries folder. Can anyone tell me if this will erase the setting of scripted signals?

Last edited:
Just recently I have had a bunch of JR rolling stock go faulty with the error "unable to link compiled script class". I performed an EDR, tried opening up for edit and re-commiting and also tried re-installing the latest train efx lib. (v 1.34b) to no avail. Any suggestions? Most of the stock affected are tank and covered hoppers.

edit:It seems after doing a little more research I need to delete the contents of my libraries folder. Can anyone tell me if this will erase the setting of scripted signals?
Thank you very much!

I've been having the same/similar issue (http://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...randomly-destructed-all-of-my-payware-content). If i restart the game and CMP a few times, then open CMP and select all the faulty assets and selcet "View errors and warnings" in the right-click menu, they finally realize that they aren't actually broken, cease being faulty, and begin working again.

I have been told that this is an issue in the base version of T:ANE, and must be resolved by patching the game up to the latest version. As for the libraries deleting thing, those files look kinda important, so i wont be fiddling with those until i get 100% confirmation that those can be deleted without breaking anything

Edit: from what i can tell, DON'T delete the libraries within TANE/Local/Build xxxxxxxx/libraries, those are the important things to not delete at all. Rather, you'd want to delete what is within TANE/Local/Build xxxxxxxx/cache/libraries

Last edited:
Back