Information about Andi06

steve06

I have been a member of this forum for many years but I have never posted before. I seldom use trainz any more; I migrated to Linux many years ago. Recent events however, have caused me to send this:

I have had some sad news; My brother died on thursday. He had complained on wednesday that he didn't feel well and when he couldn't be contacted on thursday, Anna, his ex-wife, called the police; They broke in and found him in bed. He was 64.

He was known to this community as Andi06.

Sorry to hear of his passing - he will be missed
I have been a member of this forum for many years but I have never posted before. I seldom use trainz any more; I migrated to Linux many years ago. Recent events however, have caused me to send this:

I have had some sad news; My brother died on thursday. He had complained on wednesday that he didn't feel well and when he couldn't be contacted on thursday, Anna, his ex-wife, called the police; They broke in and found him in bed. He was 64.

He was known to this community as Andi06.

Very sorry to read this.

My condolences, Steve.

Andi was an appreciated member of this community, who has helped a lot of people over the years. He will be missed.

Thankyou for letting us know Steve - he will definitely be missed. My condolences to those left behind

Shane

P.S. N3V could do with knowing about this as well in case it affects anything he was part of.

Thankyou oknotsen for doing that. I've a feeling it's going to leave quite a hole in the community, and I'm still not sure what's going to happen to the tool he and PEV worked on (Asset-X).

steve06 - N3V (or previously Auran) are the ones who develop and publish Trainz along with a couple of other things. If they don't respond on here they can be contacted via the Helpdesk link above.

Shane

Thank you oknotsen.

I have access to Andi's computers. I intend that the content he created and the source code for asset-x is made available. Somehow. Sometime.

So very sad to hear the news, Andi was a well respected member of our community and his technical skills were up there with the best. He was a constant thorn in the side of Chris B (lead programmer at N3V) but I'm sure that Chris B respected his opinions and knowledge and welcomed the challenges that Andi put before him.

I can understand something of how you must feel, especially in the circumstances (I lost a friend of some 40 years in much the same, unexpected, way).

There is nothing much more I can say to express my feelings, at least Andi will live on in the assets he created for Trainz and of course in all our memories.

My best wishes to you and your family at this difficult time and for the future.

Kindest Regards

Chris M

This is truly sad news.

Please accept my condolences, Steve and send my respects to his family.

He will surely be missed.

John

This is very sad news. My condolences to his family and friends. Andi was a cornerstone of Trainz who produced so many of the features that everbody uses.

He will be missed.

Scottish

Oh no, not Andi....... we will miss you a lot mate.
Condolences to to you Steve and his family, he was one of he best.

Steve,

Sad news indeed; we, here, are shocked at this news.

Andi and I collaborated on a number of software projects, one of which is now a staple tool for content repair in Trainz.

His friendship and his sharing of programming skills mean a lot to me, so he is already sorely missed.

I know from his many comments, that you were a great help in these endeavours as well.

My condolences to you, Anna and family.

Thinking of you all at this time..

I've just heard this news, very shocking indeed. Andi was an absolute stalwart of this community and hugely respected for all of his work. He will be much missed. My condolences to Steve, Anna and the rest of his family.

Paul

Very sad news, Steve.

Andi's influence on Trainz went far beyond his fine (and often ground-breaking) assets, not to mention his inspiration and help to others, right into the 'beneath the bonnet' stuff, scripting, co-creating Asset-X with PEV and latterly doggedly pursuing post-release improvements to T:ANE, which I'm certain has left its mark on the subsequent service pack hot-fixes to the benefit of us all.

Condolences to you, Anna, and his wider family circle and friends,

m

Very sad news, my condolences to all the family. One of the keystones of Trainz has been removed.

'No man is an island entire of itself; every man
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main;
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine
own were; any man's death diminishes me,
because I am involved in mankind.
And therefore never send to know for whom
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.'

I have worked with Andi and PEV on AssetX for a number of years. TARDIS would not have seen the light of day if it had not been for Andi's encouragement and tutorage.
Though we have never physically met I feel gutted by his loss to the Community.

My condolences to his family and friends.

Ian

Back