Steam Engines Refuse to Return From Portals.

jkinzel

The North Bank Route
I have this issue with Steam engines only: I send a train powered with a steam engine into a portal and after the allotted time only the engine returns to the point where it becomes visible in the portal, but never emerges. No tender no cars, just the engine stuck in the portal.

The issue is nondiscriminatory, it occurs regardless of engine or portal combination or on the route installed. All other types of power return with no problem.

Has anyone had this issue?

I submitted this question several months ago and received a couple of suggestion which I follow, such as making sure the portal is not overhanging the edge of the layout, but nothing I have tried has worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

It appears that I might be the only one to have this issue. Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Regards,

Try instant load locos

<kuid2:117290:1022:1> InstantLoadLocos

Put this as your first command in the driver's command queue and see if this helps. The engines might be empty on entry into the route. It's worth a shot...

John,

A returning engine does not allow me to do anything as it is too far in the portal, BUT I did try sending a train into the portal using Easy Mode and it returned as it is suppose to. Realistic Mode, steam engines choke, Easy Mode, steam engines return in a normal fashion.

Regards,

Back