tmr17 pre-release ... things that need fixing before full release

tdstead

Narrow minded Tram Person
Does not seem to be a thread for this so starting one, hope this is ok?

Japan model trainz
1. Running rush hour got thread errors kihat1.gs line 66, n700sp.gs line 69 and narita.gs line 67,75,101
2. track marker Iwayama depot 3 needs to be moved further away from point iwa d9 as it is causing the locos shunting having problems returning to the orginal direction reversining to correct itself then doing the correct move if it was in right postion it would not do that.

Just trying to be helpful
Tom

Last edited:
Yes watching one of the container Trains in that session

The Shikansen overhead does not follow the railway as it goes up and over near the end of the run, probly just needs a couple of extra spinal points to help it work right.

Tom

Last edited:
Japan model Railway
container session : At start of session exhaust of DE50 is up in the air while at idle but once the session starts its ok

Must say that the trigger based system in this layot have not caused any problems.

Bea Dawe Model Railway
Commuter Run : Tried twice ..Freight train in front of you unable to proceed, first time I ran it crashed into by passenger coming other way, 2nd time just stuck as passenger locked point entrance to yard lead it wants to goto..

Is there anyone else running and testing TMR17?

Tom

Japan model Railway
container session : At start of session exhaust of DE50 is up in the air while at idle but once the session starts its ok

Must say that the trigger based system in this layot have not caused any problems.

Bea Dawe Model Railway
Commuter Run : Tried twice ..Freight train in front of you unable to proceed, first time I ran it crashed into by passenger coming other way, 2nd time just stuck as passenger locked point entrance to yard lead it wants to goto..

Is there anyone else running and testing TMR17?

Tom

I had the same with the Bea Dawe route session only once. The second and third time I ran it, I was able to complete it.

The freight session though failed on me due to stuck junctions and a red light I was supposed to be able to pass through, but when I did the session failed.

I can't comment on the Japanese sessions you ran. I had script errors on the Max Speed session which I reported. I never completed the freight rescue session due to various issues including stuck junctions, which I also reported.

I am running it and have discovered an issue with the Passenger session in Appen. The final departure of the class55 can''t be completed because DMU appears not to have cleared the tunnel with its earlier departure. Happened twice. Itareus informed and has passed up the finding N3V. Nice layout and full of potential.

Yorkshire

An issue with the freight session in Appen, Instruction to couple to freight trucks ahead. junctions set correctly but shunt signal is against. Drive through it and session failed! No way to get to trucks except through the signal so session can't be completed - and I waited a long time hoping for signal clearance! Image below shows problem.
Yorkshire
Freight%20session_zpseffanugv.png

Just discovered that Pguy's standard portal manager is now obsolete - possibly because of SP2? hope this can be fixed soon!

[Edit] Actually, just discovered it did download and appears to be working! Thank goodness!

Yorkshire

Last edited:
I have exported my Callingworth layout from TANE as a CDP then imported into TMR17. Discovered that commodity labels appear over the rolling stock and industry objects. Have tried to hide using Tools menu in driver but to no avail. Screen shot below shows problem. Not sure whether this is an issue to be fixed or a corrupted CDP. Unlikely to be the latter as the session runs fine. Any ideas?

Commodity%20labels%202_zps6kw3yndm.png

Yorkshire

I have exported my Callingworth layout from TANE as a CDP then imported into TMR17. Discovered that commodity labels appear over the rolling stock and industry objects. Have tried to hide using Tools menu in driver but to no avail. Screen shot below shows problem. Not sure whether this is an issue to be fixed or a corrupted CDP. Unlikely to be the latter as the session runs fine. Any ideas?

Commodity%20labels%202_zps6kw3yndm.png

Yorkshire

I reported the self problem on the day TMR17 was available. The answer from Tony was
"You're referring to the "commodity overlay". This appears for a few seconds when loads change and avoids the need to right-click on each car to check load status. There's an option to turn it off in the additional tools menu.

Not something you would get with a model railway layout.

Remember, you also don't get the option to see nav points floating above the track, instructions on the screen, a digital readout showing brake pressure etc, commands you can issue to AI drivers, in-cab view, helicopter view and 100 other things :)

Hope this helps, I have not been back into TMR17 yet to check it out.
I noticed it appeared for a short time on the built in layouts and stock but when importing my WIP from TANE there it was floating for ever...
Other points I raised were in the " New Trainz Online Store "Soft Opening" page when N3V asked for feedback on 17th November. Check out my name helian43.

(When in quick drive the consists have the load listings (coal/water/passengers) floating along above the consist.This is intermittent and no obvious cause. If this is a design feature could you please add the ability to turn it off, or am I missing something obvious.
Not something you would get with a model railway layout).
Other questions can be found in my post #21 on 17th Nov see Tony's response in #22 also my #24 and his#25
Keep on trainzing Tom...
Ian aka helian43

Many thanks for this information, have just checked out the Additional tools - doesn't seem to work on my system - the overlays still show! I don't really think it adds anything to the programme - at least default to off so that you have to make them appear. will follow up your posts.

Thanks

Yorkshire

It appears that the Additional tools menu does turn off Commodity overlay in the default routes. However, my imported route has the overlays on all the time regardless of what you do with the additional tools menu. Discovering issues with imported modelz railway routes/layouts. Junction problem in a separate thread. I shall try import my other routes and see if this is a general issue.

Yorkshire

Hi Yorkshire,
I thought I had the same problem BUT after trying a couple of times it seems to work OK now on my imported WIP route.
helian43

Been away for a while BUT the problem appears to be that when in Quick drive DCC mode the loads are showing all the time but in named driver schedule mode the loads do disappear as advised by

Last edited:
Kiha japan, downloaded this into tmr17 as a test to run some of the other japan items, all but 3 nz items, track stack, yard track and one bridge did not download but got them out of ts12, no errors once loaded, have not run it yet but all looks ok has the tane coloured water in lakes and rivers by default. Did skip a lot of items now built in witch is great.

Tom

Japan Model Railway

Junction Danc 7 mis-aligned causing a de-railment and no path on manual.

Irreperable as it stands due to restrictions.

Nice... It worked fine during testing. Someone must of adjusted things before the release.

I've just re-run Danc 7 and it seems to have repaired itself.

It's gone again! I changed loco type to check on another problem, saved out and this is what happened.

It appears to be intermittent.

2016-12-17 141202.jpg

Last edited:
Back