What is your favorite CURRENT Class 1 or 2 RR paint scheme?

jonwray

Hey everyone. Just got home from a very slow day of railfanning, where I only caught one train. But it happens sometimes. It got me thinking about what my favorite current Class 1 paint scheme is. I would have to say CN's current paint scheme is my favorite because of the high-contrast orange, white, and black. As for my favorite Class II railroad paint scheme, I'd have to say it's a tie between the P&W (though that scheme won't be current for much longer) and MRL.
So, what's your favorite current paint scheme on a Class 1 or 2 railroad? By "current paint scheme" I mean the one that that particular railroad is currently painting new and rebuilt units in (e.g. UP's flag scheme, NS horsehead, CSX YN3B, etc.).

Kansas City Southern is nice too with it's red, yellow, and black paint scheme.

Sadly up where I am we have Pan Am Railways black and blue mess or the leftover badly painted Guilford units floating around.

MRL is defiantly a very nice one, as for a class one I would say BNSF, I just kinda like how there all where high visibility jackets :)

Does this includes Heritage Units? If so, no doubt Norfolk Southern ES44AC #8099, the Southern Heritage unit. If not, I'd go with Kansas City Southern as my Class 1, and a tie between the Montana Rail Link and the Florida East Coast as my Class 2. I can't choose because the Montana Rail Link's paint scheme looks good on their SD70ACe's, and the Florida East Coast's paint scheme looks nice on their ES44C4's.

Back