British Railways Derby Lightweight

I'll assume the answer is 'no' then.

Thanks for looking,

Rob.

Last edited:
I had a feeling this was available for TRS2004 but haven't been able to find it on the DLS. Must have been thinking of the railbus. Sorry.

Ray

I had a feeling this was available for TRS2004 but haven't been able to find it on the DLS. Must have been thinking of the railbus. Sorry.

Ray

Thanks, no need for apologies! I've come to the conclusion it doesn't exist as a Trainz model.

Rob.

Speaking of Paulz Trainz, he does do commission work. No, i don't get a kickback! You might want to ask him what he would charge to make you a Derby Lightweight. He might be able to adapt one of the DMU's he already has. Just a thought.

Bob

Yes he does do commission work so should maybe enquire on that train.

I have used Paulz Trainz for commission work in the past but never again, I find his work to be of, let's say, dubious quality and certainly not up to expected payware standards! Many current freeware creators could 'wipe the floor' with Paulz models.

As for the Derby Lightweight, well, one hopes that some kindly creator will oblige one day, or, I teach myself to use Blender and do it myself.

Rob.

Last edited:
I have used Paulz Trainz for commission work in the past but never again, I find his work to be of, let's say, dubious quality and certainly not up to expected payware standards! Many current freeware creators could 'wipe the floor' with Paulz models.

As for the Derby Lightweight, well, one hopes that some kindly creator will oblige one day, or, teach myself to use Blender and do it myself.

Rob.

I seem to recall Anthony had commissioned a DMU for his payware site but although the meshes and textures were completed no one managed to work out the scripting. If approached he may make the meshes available, within Trainz carriage works we probably have the expertise to finish them but they may have been made in 3D Max.

Do you have plans and photos for the Derby lightweight?

On Paulz I think we have to accept that his models are of variable quality, but are acceptable to some, and he does have the niche that if no one else will make something he will make an attempt.

Cheerio John

I seem to recall Anthony had commissioned a DMU for his payware site but although the meshes and textures were completed no one managed to work out the scripting. If approached he may make the meshes available, within Trainz carriage works we probably have the expertise to finish them but they may have been made in 3D Max.

Do you have plans and photos for the Derby lightweight?

On Paulz I think we have to accept that his models are of variable quality, but are acceptable to some, and he does have the niche that if no one else will make something he will make an attempt.

Cheerio John

John,

Thanks for the offer.

When you say Anthony are you refering to user Valliantxxx (sorry, I forget the number - xxx. Apologies to Anthony)? If so, the DMU you're refering to is a class 117, not the Derby Lightweight. That DMU model is from the now discontinued WSR (West Somerset Railway) payware pack, which, incidently, I have.

Anthony, Valliantxxx, I believe now owns the copyright to the WSR assets and has commissioned/asked user arrarial to improve the WSR class 117. I think with the appearance of T:ANE and all its demands on asset parameters, they've had some setbacks with the updates.

User pterodactyl is the original author of most WSR assets.

I don't have plans of the Derby Lightweight but I will try and find some if necessary.

Rob.

Last edited:
Thank you, Brian, for the link.

It appears that the drawings for the Derby Lightweight is at the top of the page!

Rob.

Last edited:
John,

Thanks for the offer.

When you say Anthony are you refering to user Valliantxxx (sorry, I forget the number - xxx. Apologies to Anthony)? If so, the DMU you're refering to is a class 117, not the Derby Lightweight. That DMU model is from the now discontinued WSR (West Somerset Railway) payware pack, which, incidently, I have.

Anthony, Valliantxxx, I believe now owns the copyright to the WSR assets and has commissioned/asked user arrarial to improve the WSR class 117. I think with the appearance of T:ANE and all its demands on asset parameters, they've had some setbacks with the updates.

User pterodactyl is the original author of most WSR assets.

I don't have plans of the Derby Lightweight but I will try and find some if necessary.

Rob.

Anthony is 2995Valiant - I messaged him about something a while ago and he got back to me quickly.

Back