Otto Wipfel - RIP

Vern

Trainz Maverick
It is with sad heart I must report the passing of another great character from the train simming world - Otto Wipfel, also known as Ottodad.

Otto wasn't hugely active in Trainz but I'm sure is known to those with a wider interest in the hobby. Suffered a stroke 3 - 4 weeks ago and sadly did not recover.

RIP and condolences to family and friends.

More on this link at TS.com: http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthread.php?325884-Report-on-Otto-Wipfel

Sad news. I remember Otto from MSTS days and how he solved how to stop the original Speedtrees waving as if in a hurricane.

Very sad news, RIP Otto.

Been watching the thread on TrainSim, Otto' site with his catalogue of models for MSTS and Trainz was one of the first sites I came across when I started Trainz and although not very active in Trainz he was a very knowledgeable guy and as John says he fixed the over-active SpeedTree problem.

RIP Otto. You were truly one of the train sim greats, one of the first few who didn't hesitate to answer all my silly MSTS questions when I was still new to train sims. Your legacy lives on in your myriad of indispensable utilities and fixes.

I recall making use of the speedtree fix, and it's always sad when a Trainzer is no longer with us. RIP Otto, and condolences to those left behind.

Shane

Never had any interaction with Otto but I always enjoyed reading his posts on other forums where he was a passionate member of the train simulation community. Sad to read he has gone. RIP

Back