Note of appreciation GIRAUD

phimat

Not sure where this should go, so putting it here for maximum exposure.

Came upon GIRAUD's creations by accident. Downloaded a railbus out of curiosity. It functions in TANE.

If this railbus is typical of GIRAUD's work, then I've chanced on a trasure trove. His work is very fine, precise, detailed, and with obvious affection for the character of French railways.

I recommend you take a look, that is if you don't already know about his work and I am preaching to the converted.

GIRAUD's website: papytrainz.jimdo.com.

I came across his gare de LIMOGES-BENEDICTINS in the screenshot section elsewhere here. GIRAUD said in reply to a note of appreciation that he would make it available for dload if there was sufficient interest. I hope he does. It is a stunning building in its own right, and there's no doubt that GIRAUD has done justice to it.

As you say, he is a true artist.

Last edited:
Hello , I just discover this thread, and my cheeks become pink of confusion !!!:wave:

Your are too kind chaps, I just love trains since I was a Young Boy (in the 50's) , and my father (still alive and 94 old) was working at the french railways (SNCF) during and after war II ... I fell in love with trains as he make me climbing aboard a steam engine (141 R coming from the USA) and I was fascinated by this hot, steamy and Noisy engine... The power, and a form of kindness all in it... And 60 years later, I have always the same emotion....

I have discovered Trainz when my daughter gave me Trainz2009 as a gift... First of all , I did'nt like it : too childy, too far from my models home built at a 1/60 scale...

But I have found the possibility to create or to modify some objects for the game , and then I became fond of it !!! And try to do my best for the french community... and for me of course :hehe:

You must also notice that my work is the product of a little team of friends (berny31, gege64) with nearly all the french creators , all using "trainz & compagnie" french forum....

Thank you again for your kind words, I did'nt imagine my job in trainz supported by people so far from France...

Very gratefully, and friendly yours, Marc

Last edited:
Not sure where this should go, so putting it here for maximum exposure.

Came upon GIRAUD's creations by accident. Downloaded a railbus out of curiosity. It functions in TANE.

If this railbus is typical of GIRAUD's work, then I've chanced on a trasure trove. His work is very fine, precise, detailed, and with obvious affection for the character of French railways.

I recommend you take a look, that is if you don't already know about his work and I am preaching to the converted.

GIRAUD's website: papytrainz.jimdo.com.

Oh, yes! GIRAUD's website is a wonderful place!

Hi
Marc(PapyTrainz/Giraud) arrived at Trainz&Compagnie in 2014.
He made a lot of very interesting discoveries and a lot of beautiful reskins.
He is also very patient.^^
I thank him a lot!
Friendly, Ruo.

Back