Cars should be able to be hit by trains like in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIA.RAIL

Trainz Canada fan
Cars that move around in T:ANE should be able to get smushed by the train and not just have a train pass through them like they are air.

Cars that move around in T:ANE should be able to get smushed by the train and not just have a train pass through them like they are air.
.....and then?
the train derails or comes to a shuddering stop as in real life, (which is what you want), and the session ends.
I don't think so.

OP trolling on his 2nd post! :)

Or the car occupants lying alongside the track in several pieces with their innards strewn everywhere, which is what happens in such incidents.

I think not. You want blood and guts, go and play Doom.

Thank you for your input.
(Consideration intensifies)

Also consider registering any other trainz versions (if you legally purchased them) Now from what I'm going off of, you are new here. Now because you mentioned feedback for T:ANE, I'll assume you own, so please register your copy to your account if you do, that way people don't think you pirated your version of Trainz. However, if I am wrong to assume you have any version of trainz other than the android version, do let me know! :)

One thing you have to take into account is that all assets are different and that trainz doesn't have a collision system. for games such as BeamNG drive, GTA, or other games that have collision systems, a collision mesh would need to be created for each individual asset. So to that for trainz would take a major overhaul of all content. n3v relies heavily on 3rd party content creators and most of the assets you get when you purchase trainz have been made by 3rd party content creators like Jointedrail, rrmods, or other various people/groups. Think about it like this. Say 50 cars built in to trainz were made by several creators, and then another 50 were made by n3v. Assuming n3v wants to add collisions and go through and create individual collision meshes for each asset, those 50 cars would work the way you want them too. But then what about the other 50? It's no easy task and many content creators wouldn't take to going back through their creations to add a collision mesh. So say 10 of those assets were fixed to have collisions, then you have another 40 that wont work right. Not to mention the game isn't optimized as it is, so adding all that extra stuff would bog down trainz tenfold. Now I would like to mention that my example isn't entirely realistic because for one, you'll probably be using the built in "Auran" traffic. So to fix my example, realistically, n3v would not go back and fix those assets due to the work load and dedication that would require from them. Surprise right? Again, also pointing out the poor optimization of trainz as game, such changes would probably destroy it. Also, my example gave a much smaller scale as to the assets needed to be fixed. Truthfully there are so many different vehicle and traffic assets, it would be impossible to keep up with them.
So all in all, you have a great idea and many of us would think it to be awesome to have such effects, but its not likely to ever happen.

Also, we dont appreciate trolls who post random crap just to post. ;) just a heads up.

No.Just that the car gets destroyed and you have to stop and for stopping when you hit a car,you get XP and then you have to have a option of helping the dude in the car or not.

Thank you for your input.
(Consideration intensifies)
Also consider registering any other trainz versions (if you legally purchased them) Now from what I'm going off of, you are new here. Now because you mentioned feedback for T:ANE, I'll assume you own, so please register your copy to your account if you do, that way people don't think you pirated your version of Trainz. However, if I am wrong to assume you have any version of trainz other than the android version, do let me know! :)

One thing you have to take into account is that all assets are different and that trainz doesn't have a collision system. for games such as BeamNG drive, GTA, or other games that have collision systems, a collision mesh would need to be created for each individual asset. So to that for trainz would take a major overhaul of all content. n3v relies heavily on 3rd party content creators and most of the assets you get when you purchase trainz have been made by 3rd party content creators like Jointedrail, rrmods, or other various people/groups. Think about it like this. Say 50 cars built in to trainz were made by several creators, and then another 50 were made by n3v. Assuming n3v wants to add collisions and go through and create individual collision meshes for each asset, those 50 cars would work the way you want them too. But then what about the other 50? It's no easy task and many content creators wouldn't take to going back through their creations to add a collision mesh. So say 10 of those assets were fixed to have collisions, then you have another 40 that wont work right. Not to mention the game isn't optimized as it is, so adding all that extra stuff would bog down trainz tenfold. Now I would like to mention that my example isn't entirely realistic because for one, you'll probably be using the built in "Auran" traffic. So to fix my example, realistically, n3v would not go back and fix those assets due to the work load and dedication that would require from them. Surprise right? Again, also pointing out the poor optimization of trainz as game, such changes would probably destroy it. Also, my example gave a much smaller scale as to the assets needed to be fixed. Truthfully there are so many different vehicle and traffic assets, it would be impossible to keep up with them.
So all in all, you have a great idea and many of us would think it to be awesome to have such effects, but its not likely to ever happen.

Also, we dont appreciate trolls who post random crap just to post. ;) just a heads up.
What is that all about?

Please post suugestions in the Suggestion-Boxcar forum:
http://forums.auran.com/trainz/forumdisplay.php?4-Suggestion-Boxcar

... but do search for your idea first as it looks like someone already made this suggestion:

... so don't start a new thread about the same topic.

What is that all about?
That is about posting about a game yet not having it listed on your account. Check the train stations next to peoples names to see the versions the legally own.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back