Change direction of track in industry question

indy14

Is there a way to change the direction the train is directed to go in a built-in industry, like seaport.
I've built my layout going clockwise and after placing the seaport where I wanted, I found out the track was headed in the opposite (counter clockwise) direction. If I'm parked on the seaport and want to go "forward" to another industry or "trackmark the train won't go. Says no path to selected destination..
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

No path to selected destination means there is a missing switch or a piece of track is not connected. Drive an engine yourself down the track to see where the problem is.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I did as suggested. No issues when I drove it myself.
The engine is a few feet away from the start of the seaport and the "trackmark" is a few feet after the seaport. The only "connections" are from the track to the seaport and from the seaport to the track. All are the same height.
The engine won't even start to move.

Thanks for your suggestion.
I did as suggested. No issues when I drove it myself.
The engine is a few feet away from the start of the seaport and the "trackmark" is a few feet after the seaport. The only "connections" are from the track to the seaport and from the seaport to the track. All are the same height.
The engine won't even start to move.

Which track mark are you using?

There are the red ones which are destination track marks, and there are the yellow ones which work like do not enter signs and can direct the AI drivers in specific directions and on to specific lines.

If you used a yellow marker facing the wrong direction, you will also get the same error. This would explain why you can drive yourself but the AI can't.

All of my yellow and red markers are going the direction the same way and are as I want EXCEPT the yellow markers on the seaport track and they are going in the opposite direction.

All of my yellow and red markers are going the direction the same way and are as I want EXCEPT the yellow markers on the seaport track and they are going in the opposite direction.

You might want to verify these yellow direction markers are not facing the wrong direction on you.

I decided that I may have caused the issue when I originally built the route, so I build a new route of just the seaport and small amount of track. Initially placing my track in the direction I wanted, but was the opposite of the Seaport. Everything worked great.
Result: There must be something wrong in my original layout causing the issue. I just need to find it.
Thanks for your help.

Try rotating the yellow direction marker. There is nothing wrong with the way the track was laid down.

Never did find the issue.
Deleted the Seaport and re-added.
All working great.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Back