Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween
What's to be happy about? just a lot of kids in poor fancy dress pretending to be something that doesn't exist, knocking on the door scrounging sweets or
money, on the threat of letting your car tyres down or spray painting your house !!!

Just another excuse for begging & vandalism. :(

Trying to find the real story

A US President (many years after Lincoln) officially declared Halloween a holiday in the US, to appease hoodlums from vandalizing cities (including Detroit), from setting thousands of arson fires

The first Halloween costumes commercially sold in stores did not appear until the 1930's

Last edited:
I hope everyone has a great Halloween and safe one
and tonight I'm not going trick or treating because I'm going to my grandmothers house tonight since she turned 85 today

What's to be happy about? just a lot of kids in poor fancy dress pretending to be something that doesn't exist, knocking on the door scrounging sweets or
money, on the threat of letting your car tyres down or spray painting your house !!!

Or the opposite, now stuck with a large tin of Quality Street as not one person knocked on our door this evening.

Oh well, sorry pre Xmas diet...

What's to be happy about? just a lot of kids in poor fancy dress pretending to be something that doesn't exist, knocking on the door scrounging sweets or money, on the threat of letting your car tyres down or spray painting your house !!!

That's quite the sardonic outlook you've got there Blackwatch. I mean yeah, we basically jump start a child's obesity by giving them two to three pieces of neatly-wrapped sugar packets, but vandalism isn't very common around here. At least, it's not an issue in my neighborhood.

Happy Halloween everybody! :wave:

I can't have no cany' anymore ... I gotz' diabetes ... an' weigh 270 lbs ... lost 10 lbs so far on my new diet ... eat a quart of Greek yucket' per week, granola, meat, proteins, no carbs, no sugar ... but lots of beans ... my GF says she's gonna' make me sleep outside in a tent in the yard :hehe:

... my GF says she's gonna' make me sleep outside in a tent in the yard :hehe:

Sorry, but I can't help but think of a tent, a couple of shaking legs sticking out, with snow blowing around it in below zero temperatures. I mean, you live in Antarctica, right?

I can't have no cany' anymore ... I gotz' diabetes ... an' weigh 270 lbs ... lost 10 lbs so far on my new diet ... eat a quart of Greek yucket' per week, granola, meat, proteins, no carbs, no sugar ... but lots of beans ... my GF says she's gonna' make me sleep outside in a tent in the yard :hehe:

My friend Hal Profitt has type 2 diabetes

Or the opposite, now stuck with a large tin of Quality Street as not one person knocked on our door this evening.

Oh well, sorry pre Xmas diet...

Not seen anyone here for at least 5 years, they don't seem particularly interested in it, Village shop is now stuck with loads of masks costumes and pumpkins that they couldn't sell.....

Back