Error: Failed to load sound file 'bells.wav', please ensure this is a valid wav file.

vfernandez

AUS Transport Enthusiast
Hi guys I have a route from the download called CSX Saginaw Sub Trainz 12 and 2 items which is the US Level Crossing Tower and the XING 4 US lights. Thy come up with this Error: Failed to load sound file 'bells.wav', please ensure this is a valid wav file. Also can anyone find these unknown dependancies: <kuid2:68787:22160:10>, <kuid:328524:100155> and <kuid:328524:100152>. Thanks for the help and my build number is 61297.

This is very easy to fix.

1) You can use AssetX to run a script and repair the assets.

I have never done it this way...

or

2) Use Audacity.

Open the asset for editing in Explorer - Use Content Manager for this.
Open the file in Audacity.
Ensure the sound format is 44100 kHz.

Export the file as a wav
Ignore the save info. parameters.
Delete the bak file otherwise you'll get an error on that.

Shane Turner has a tutorial for that, I think.

Once saved, close the folders and check for errors. The problem should go away. If it didn't, check your work.

It may be even simpler than that. Open for edit and show in Explorer. Make sure that there is a file called bells.wav, rather than bell.wav (which is the case for most crossings that I have come across). If the latter, you just need to correct the reference in your config file; save and Submit the asset. If the sound file is indeed called bells.wav, then follow John's advice above.

John

This is very easy to fix.

1) You can use AssetX to run a script and repair the assets.

I have never done it this way...

or

2) Use Audacity.

Open the asset for editing in Explorer - Use Content Manager for this.
Open the file in Audacity.
Ensure the sound format is 44100 kHz.

Export the file as a wav
Ignore the save info. parameters.
Delete the bak file otherwise you'll get an error on that.

Shane Turner has a tutorial for that, I think.

Once saved, close the folders and check for errors. The problem should go away. If it didn't, check your work.
Thank you it works annd has anyone have those unkown Dependancies?

The first kuid is the Citroen_DS19, available at the DLS as kuid2:68787:22160:13 for TS12, and as kuid2:68787:22160:17 for TANE.

Peter

AssetX is the easiest way to fix non-compliant wav files.

Right click on the wav file and you get a little window with play and repair buttons. A single click and it's done (and saved automatically). It accepts a number of wav formats and converts to one that is supported by Trainz. Another piece of great work from Andi06...

Just download the :13 version, using either the ContentManager (download this version) or ftp download from the web interface.

Peter

Back