Faulty KUID / CDP file KUID:252585:26022518

RailPilgrim

Wannabe Driver
When I use CM in either TS12 or TANE to download KUID:252585:26022518 (MFK2 WSDD1 Warehouse Sliding Doors) it fails with "Unable to download asset. Connection interrupted."
I can download the CDP via FTP from the DLS but attempting to import it into either version, fails as well.
This asset is for a route - DEARNBY: 1960's UK Mainline and 2ft Narrow Gauge v1

Is there someway to read the CDP file other than importing it into trainz so I can see what the problem is? or do I edit the route and insert some other warehouse? If so, what would be a good replacement?

Thanks for any help.

I have had a similar problem with one or two rogue assets. They appear to download but, right at the end I got the '....connection interrupted' message. The following worked for me.

Locate your Tane content build folder.
Go to the Cache\Internet subfolder and look for a large .cdp file that has recently been created (or clear out the folder before re-downloading the asset; then it should be the only file there).
Drag the .cdp file into your Content Manager

For me, this resulted in the asset being installed correctly.

Hope it works for you.
John

Thanks.
I tried this but I still get the error message - "Unable to open CDP file 'C:/Users/owner/Downloads/kuid_252585_26022518.cdp' for reading."

It seems as if the CDP file on the DLS is corrupted in some way. I also searched for it on KUID Index to see if it might be found in another location, but it only had the DLS version.

I have managed to load the route to see if I could spot where it should be located to determine if it was vital but wasn't successful. I guess I'll just delete missing assets and resave the route.

thanks for trying.

G'day, I have this asset "<kuid:252585:26022518> MFK2 WSDD1 Warehouse Sliding Doors" in my TANE install as downloaded from the DLS. The message you get I have had on occasions but usually when the DLS is down or having issues. An easy way to see if there are DLS issues befor you try downloading anything is to check here:- http://www.auran.com/planetauran/FTP_Status_Log.phpHope this helps.
Regards
Barrie

Thanks Barrie.
I looked at the state of the server for the times I tried over the last couple of days and all should have been OK.
However, Tried it again just now as the status looked alright, and this time it downloaded and installed OK.

As I said originally, I did manage to d/l it via FTP too and even that wouldn't install. Anyway, I'm now a happy little Vegemite.

G'day, good that all turned out OK in the end. The DLS has been a bit flaky on and of for some time now just got to take your best chances and keep the fingers crossed.
Regards
Barrie

Back