Official Kamino Railroad WIP Thread

You've gotten that area spot on. Every summer I drive through the area on the way to the beach and I love it, so once you release this route I'll definitely be using it. Also what are the loading sheds in the last picture called? They look like davesnow assets.

Vary nice work , and nice to see your still working on it . Do you have any plans for fuhrer content for it ,

Matt

Thanks Matt! Yes, I do plan on releasing more Kamino Railroad content. Sometime this week I will release a few more assets, so be on the look out.

Yours, Qaz

Last edited:
Hey guys, just wanted to update the status of this route. After beginning the Wildwood Branch project, the Kamino Railroad was put on the back burner. After loading up the Kamino Railroad, I realized that my frame rate was too low to continue work. This was caused by the number of trees I used in the area. So, I cleared all buildings, splines, and textures until I was left an empty set of baseboards. Now work is continuing! I'm using fewer trees for background scenery and new technics for line side scenery. I'll be posting some shots later tonight.

Yours, Qaz

Few screenshots of the first train to run from Buena to Kamino

o86p04I.jpg

CuNS6GQ.jpg

fgspfsZ.jpg

7UKqUKq.jpg

Yours, Qaz

Hello Everyone, I'm here to update my progress on the Kamino Railroad project. Between school, sports, and work, my time for route building has been limited. With the time I have, I've been working diligently to make areas feel alive and look fantastic. To show my work, we'll start with the work on the town of Kamino.

zyOwq6k.jpg

5QDBrxB.jpg

JgidQLr.jpg

UrUagA2.jpg

qoaQmON.jpg

The Station, Coach Yard, Freight Yard and Engine Facilities have been completed. About 15% of the town has been completed, much more to be done in this area.
Next, we have an area about 7 miles north of Kamino, it's an abandoned crossover with large forest and farmland nearby.

VpVFuX9.jpg

TzaaGSa.jpg

mrwWeR7.jpg

9Zp9XSM.jpg

030hkIQ.jpg

This area is mostly done with only small details such as extending the road and filling out the forest. This is most of the work I've done, some other areas are not done enough to show them as of now. Another update will be sometime before the year ends, but don't hold me to that. Thanks for reading and supporting this project.

Yours, Qaz

Back