Official Kamino Railroad WIP Thread

Qaz,
Very nice video. The voice-over was fine, except when the music got loud and drowned you out. I would not have known you were coming down with a cold if you hadn't said so.

Nicely done, especially the technique of running the trees close together and then putting lots of shrubs below and behind to give the impression of a solid forest. From train level, it will look very convincing.

Also, nice to have you back. We all understand how real life drags us away from Trainz. Not a problem.

Merry Christmas.

Heinrich505

Qaz,
Very nice video. I'd never seen what the ATLS crossing system looked like in surveyor, so it was quite interesting to see what it looked like as you worked around it. Towards the end of fixing the fields up, you were running over them quickly with the terrain tool and I couldn't quite make out what you were spreading around over the fields. Just curious.

I caught a little bit of your South Jersey accent, and it made me want to get a Philly cheesesteak for dinner with a cold bottle of Ortliebs, haha. Yes, they don't make Ortliebs any more. :(

Nice video - the route is coming along very nicely!

Heinrich505

Long Time for this lol

So recently, I've come back to this route. I re did some old areas most notably Zucal interchange yard and the removal of Malaga Creek Swing Bridge.
Also work progressed past Buena into the heart of Downtown Kamino

J7nIBPW.jpg

lddCiqU.jpg

efkREwB.jpg

7NAiHwC.jpg

9fkPKzb.jpg

qG7Y9XY.jpg

whbZvDl.jpg

Yours, Qaz
Swirly Trainz

Last edited:
That looks fantastic Qaz . A really sweet looking route . Like the cars and Engines a lot to . Ya had me with the yardwork :D

Matt

Even though I saw your website so many times before, I just subscribed to this thread and your YouTube channel because I think this is going to be a great fictional route!

Since there's a screenshot of a CSX train on the route, do you think NS, Conrail, Amtrak, and maybe NJT would also fit-in? I'm asking because if someone isn't a fan of the fictional equipment made for this route and I'm a huge NS fan (I also love Conrail and PRR). I also love running on double track mainlines.

The other railroad KRR interchanges with us CSAO and NJT on the AC line, Erie Southeastern, and Winchester and western

Ok thanks!

Just wondering since I saw a YouTube video where someone ran Conrail on the P&B instead of that route's own equpiment and I could do the same by calling it the "Conrail Kamino Subdivision" (alternate universe). I do think we need more modern era east coast routes.

Kamino Grows

So, I built Central Station and began work on the city of Kamino until I decided to restarted the whole area. Below is my progress from the last couple weeks. I'm much happier with the look of Kamino now.

yqSFZuN.jpg

5DqbUra.jpg

olBsosg.jpg

2rEE229.jpg

VT7NRMY.jpg

Et4FPrR.jpg

Yours, Qaz
swirly Trainz

Last edited:
Back