We have a copyist posting content to the DLS that is not theirs.

They are still listed in content manager but you get the removed due to violation message if you try to download, did a quick check and it appears it's all his items including sessions, think he might just get the message now!

Possibly, though it isn't a straight copy of my paint, though it shows some clear evidence of basis from a few of my units. I'm skeptical I could do much about it, though.

Cheers,
SM

Unless it's patented or copyrighted in your name, it's pretty much a non-issue. And considering its a fictional railroad, I doubt you'd bother to have either :p

Unless it's patented or copyrighted in your name, it's pretty much a non-issue. And considering its a fictional railroad, I doubt you'd bother to have either :p

Not quite true. You confuse "copyright" with "trademark". Patents and Trademarks have to be registered, Copyright does not. Any intellectual property that you create, be it original, or a derivitive of another, is your property, without need to register or document, be it music, literature, art, or virtual 3D models. Any derivitive work is also Copyrighted by the author of the work from which you derived yours, to some extent, which is why it is advisable to always ask for and receive written consent, even if implied or granted in an EULA.

You know what's ironic? The fact that I pointed out how I dislike him already, and the community comes along basically giving me the "naff off". Where is your god now?

Last edited:
As Malc points our, all "Gramma" content now shows up as 'unknown location' in CM which seems to indicate that N3V have taken the appropriate action. I hope Gramma will have learned from this so I think we can let the matter drop.

Perhaps an official explanation from N3V of what is and is not permitted should be posted as a sticky.

Thanks to N3V and Zec for this prompt action.

Peter

Thank you guys at N3V Games for helping to fix the issues.

My CM didn't given out a unknown location, but an error message saying it was removed from the server

Hopefully Gramma was given a little "vacation" from being able to upload so he thinks about his actions in the future.

All,

Looks like our favorite person is at it again.

Keep an eye on the DLS as he has started uploading things again. More of his uploads have appeared as of today.

I suspect he cloned the GP60 I fixed for Frank and he never asked permission to reskin.

Zec, you might have a few trouble tickets come Monday morning...

Yes, here is the description of "his" Loco Amtrak F40PH 398 by Gamma - <KUID:542976:100729> dated 22 October 2016

"Amtrak F40PH 398. With the generous permission of Josefpav, the original author, I have updated this item to Trainz build 3.3 standards in order to allow it to continue in Trainz. My thanks to Josef for allowing me to do this and for his truly great locomotive! The original author still retains all copyrights for this great content item."

From that it looks like he has (finally) obtained permission from someone to do a modification. But, scrolling further down the list of locos you will see, with an identical thumbnail ...

Amtrak F40PH 398 - by MSGsapper <KUID:439337:100810> dated 10 May 2014 with the following description

"Amtrak F40PH 398. With the generous permission of Josefpav, the original author, I have updated this item to Trainz build 3.3 standards in order to allow it to continue in Trainz. My thanks to Josef for allowing me to do this and for his truly great locomotive! The original author still retains all copyrights for this great content item."

As soon as my DBU finishes, I shall download the GP60 he released... I suspect it has my Eula on it...

Both of those are by MSGsapper just checked, IMO seems a total ban from Trainz might be in order.

Anyone emailed or pm'd MSGSapper yet?

N8PHU - looks like yours Author being Frank McCall and has your dependencies.

Edit: have deleted them all now.

Last edited:
Both of those are by MSGsapper just checked, IMO seems a total ban from Trainz might be in order.

Anyone emailed or pm'd MSGSapper yet?

N8PHU - looks like yours Author being Frank McCall?

Frank Mcall is SporBUST.... I HIGHLY doubt he green lighted the reskins that Gramma is making of his stuff.

Seems like another round of content has appeared under this guy's name. One of the items in question is the CNJ 1000 Boxcab by whitepass. The description is exactly the same as the original from whitepass. Of course there are other items that have appeared too.

One part of me wants to say that it's probably a kid that doesn't know they're doing anything wrong...but based on the fact that they've edited some assets, that means he must have seen the license that prevent this sort of stuff...only way to find out would be to ask them.

Probably doesn't read emails and is unaware that his/her cloned stuff has been pulled, either that or he/she is lacking in brain cells. I understand a couple of people tried to contact him before he got clobbered but got no response.
Personally I feel he/she deserves to get permanently banned for continuing to clone stuff, might get the message then.

Personally I feel he/she deserves to get permanently banned for continuing to clone stuff, might get the message then.

Actually, yeah. If this user is going to continue illegally uploading content to the DLS, seems like it might come to that. And if what you say is true, that he's ignoring any response from the community, a ban might be the only option.

Back