Transport Fever set to release November 8.

I got an email for that one not long ago - looks good to me. I've got it on pre-order as well (with a good discount in the process).

Shane

I got an email for that one not long ago - looks good to me. I've got it on pre-order as well (with a good discount in the process).

Shane

I have to get the pre-order myself. I keep forgetting because I don't go on Steam as much as I used too. It sure does look good. I hope it lives up to its expectations.

Looks nice, John --

Reminds me of Sim City, but bigger! :hehe:

The last portion of the clip remind of my desert route -- I got 8 airports+! I did a test run the other day from one airport to the another across a vast desert! LOL

Ish

Last edited:
Have pre-ordered also. Been following it for a little while now. An older game called "Transport Giant", is very similar and has an expansion called "Down under" I think it is.

Last edited:
I enjoyed their previous game 'Train Fever' - even ported a couple of my models over to it. This one looks like it could be even more fun, with ships and aircraft now.
I do wish we could have their terrain in Trainz - look at how nice their cuts and fills are - and auto-magic, as well.....

Curtis

I pre-ordered this yesterday. Now to sit and wait... The Steam forums are nasty with rude comments about the new game which hasn't been released yet.

I remember Transport Giant. That had some cute aspects about it but typical of the Giant series, laying track and paths was awkward.

This reminds me a bit more of the famous Transport Tycoon which I used to play with for hours.

I pre-ordered this yesterday. Now to sit and wait... The Steam forums are nasty with rude comments about the new game which hasn't been released yet.

I remember Transport Giant. That had some cute aspects about it but typical of the Giant series, laying track and paths was awkward.

This reminds me a bit more of the famous Transport Tycoon which I used to play with for hours.

Hi John,

Most comments from the Steam forum take with a grain of salt, since such comments usually are posted by 10 years old kids ...

Remember Railroad Tycoon?? Was the first train game I had, and then a week later I saw trainz 3.1 at the store ... how time flies, wow!!!

Ish

This looks interesting, I might buy the Linux version as I am thinking of using Linux generally.
Can you create content with Blender as in TANE?
Thanks,
Mick

I have no interest in any simulator where the player cannot drive in the cab, cockpit, driver's seat, pilot house, etc.

I have no interest in any simulator where the player cannot drive in the cab, cockpit, driver's seat, pilot house, etc.

Hi Dave,

Actually, I use these other sims as a drawing point, meaning mapping out a route -- Railroad Tycoon, back in the early days, I used it to map out a route, and then I launched trainz 1.3 (which took forever), and implemented that plan!

It's all fun from a creative point of view!

Kind Regards
Ish

Probably - Blender was usable for the previous version (Train Fever).
Thanks. Apologies for discussing a different game on this forum. One more question, would you have to pay twice for both Windows and Linux versions?
BTW I have no intention of deserting TANE, it's just encouraging to know that there is a good Linux game.
Mick

Well this is the Rail News section so other games should be fair game, in a respectful way of course.

I had a look at the video and the surveyor activities were impressive for the ease that various parts could be added and interconnected. Didn't see much in the way of on screen tools so I don't know how well that is implemented. From my understanding, the amount of different kinds of objects is pretty limited so building prototypical routes might be a challenge. The customization potential of each object is pretty impressive, though. I thought it was mentioned in some of the comments that there is a limit in the size of routes, much smaller than what we are used to, so that could be a negative factor. I noticed that for all the sophisticated object interactions, they also use teleportation to move goods to and from the wagons. They also mentioned in some of their FAQ docs that boxed versions with a Steam key will be available at selected retailers. Does anyone know if that means stand-alone without any Internet connectivity required? If so, that would make it a tempting addition to play with. :)

... Remember Railroad Tycoon?? Was the first train game I had, and then a week later I saw trainz 3.1 at the store ... how time flies, wow!!!
The "Railroad Tycoon" series (I, II, & III), were my very first cyber RR experiences too; before I discovered forcibly Trainz... I stand proud to admit! :eek:

[To the dismay of the Railroad Tycoon 3 community, and myself; RRT3 was not able to play on Win7. Though from what I understand, someone had found -much later- a way!? I'm not about to go and reinstall RRT3 again w/ this "fix" however. The last time I did that, my computer crashed, and shut OFF completely! It took me half a day to get my computer back on!!!
And was happy to finally see that "blue screen"! :hehe: ] RRT3 was the most incredible thing to me! Had track everywhere -from "Coast to Coast" North, South, East, West, up, down... and sideways! :hehe: Love the colorful graphics -state of the art for its time! And what about that water! So realistic -maybe still better than even TaNE?! The maps were huge as well, for its time!

I liked how you could see your trains off in the distance; puttering 'round there, very far (and not so far)... uh, many States or Provinces away!
OK! Unrealistic... but sometimes you must suspend logic; who doesn't want to see lots and lotsa' trains running all over the place! :udrool: I had customized the "Coast to Coast" map to incorporate Henry Flagler's "Key West" expansion; and to increase the heights of the standard map, so as to take advantage of those higher vistas of the Rockies; to see... you guessed it, more trains! :cool: It was so cool -way cool!!! I'd be "on" a train heading close to Key West; but still see a train hugging the side of a mountain high in the Colorado Rockies!!! Tee hee! :D

For the record, I'm happy to have discovered Trainz [and you guys :wave: ] Trainz... an unfathomable amount of content available, to build the cyber/Model RR of your dreams! :)

Last edited:
The "Railroad Tycoon" series (I, II, & III), were my very first cyber RR experiences too; before I discovered forcibly Trainz... I stand proud to admit! :eek:

[To the dismay of the Railroad Tycoon 3 community, and myself; RRT3 was not able to play on Win7. Though from what I understand, someone had found -much later- a way!? I'm not about to go and reinstall RRT3 again w/ this "fix" however. The last time I did that, my computer crashed, and shut OFF completely! It took me half a day to get my computer back on!!!
And was happy to finally see that "blue screen"! :hehe: ] RRT3 was the most incredible thing to me! Had track everywhere -from "Coast to Coast" North, South, East, West, up, down... and sideways! :hehe: Love the colorful graphics -state of the art for its time! And what about that water! So realistic -maybe still better than even TaNE?! The maps were huge as well, for its time!

I liked how you could see your trains oft in the distance; puttering 'round there... uh, far (and not so far), in some other State or Province!
OK! Unrealistic... sometimes you must suspend logic; but who doesn't want to see lots and lotsa' trains running all over the place! :udrool: I had customized the "Coast to Coast" map to incorporate Henry Flagler's "Key West" expansion; and to increase the heights of the standard map, so as to take advantage of those higher vistas of the Rockies; to see... you guessed it, more trains! :cool: It was so cool -way cool!!! I'd be "on" a train heading close to Key West; but still see a train hugging the side of a mountain high in the Colorado Rockies!!! Tee hee! :D

For the record, I'm happy to have discovered Trainz [and you guys :wave: ] Trainz... an unfathomable amount of content available, to build the cyber/Model RR of your dreams! :)

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

Except for the part when your pc crashed, lucky me that never happened! RRTY was like, wow, back when PC's were really taken off!

I never put down RRTY til years later ... In the early days I used RRTY in conjunction with Trainz, in terms, of creating constructive routes, etc ... it was a way to plan things out, and see it from afar; And then jump into trainz and see what happens ... Back then, trainz contents was very very limited so basically it was using the same station after station, etc ...

Kind Regards
Ish

Hi, thanks for your feedback!

Except for the part when your pc crashed, lucky me that never happened! RRTY was like, wow, back when PC's were really taken off!

I never put down RRTY til years later ... In the early days I used RRTY in conjunction with Trainz, in terms, of creating constructive routes, etc ... it was a way to plan things out, and see it from afar; And then jump into trainz and see what happens ... Back then, trainz contents was very very limited so basically it was using the same station after station, etc ...

Kind Regards
Ish
Ved'dy interesting! Much like many of us use "Google Earth Pro" now w/ Trainz! :) I'm still a little old fashioned, however. I don't believe in using "TransDEM" for my own route. I enjoy the unpleasant monotony and task of guessing distance, height and the correct placement of track... :hehe: I prefer to create w/o any aid of DEM's and such, so one day I can sit back and say "WOW!!! I have taken the prototype, and built this fine replica of it!" :cool: NOT "Great! I have taken the prototype, and built this fine replica of it... well, except from the aid of those DEM's!" :confused: Or I have created a "prototype" but had cloned the track!

I'm sorry! Have I brought this conversation off the main, and into a siding... :D Good talkin' to you again, Ish6!
The last time we talked, I had complained about "snow as big as people" in TS12! We've gotten our "fog" but not our snow accumulations!:hehe: As for TaNE's "snow" effects, I like it better; but now I have a problem with the rain, and the none existence of thunderstorms of TaNE :'(

Back