Buffers and chains on US Mow equipment.

JCitron

Trainzing since 12-2003
Yes! We can use the already available MOW equipment we have without "worrying" about the buffers and chains. This is also apparent in the video of the work train that was involved in an accident on the Long Island Railroad on 10/8.

And

lirr_125_8.jpg

I've never seen those before. Perhaps they were built overseas, for countries that use chains and buffers, but imported to America as-is?

Hmmmmm

Matt

I've never seen those before. Perhaps they were built overseas, for countries that use chains and buffers, but imported to America as-is?

Hmmmmm

Matt

That's what I'm thinking and I've never seen that before either. It's neat if you ask me - well maybe even more than cool.

Hmm... That gives me some ideas now on what equipment to run on my routes. :)

They're manufactured by Plasser & Theurer in Linz, Austria.

I have a video of Queensland Rail's Plasser ballast tamper in action, I will upload it and post it here. It very clearly shows the unit in operation on a section of track.

QR's ballast tamper runs on 3ft 6in gauge track meaning that the machines can be customised a bit, so I am surprised that they made it to the States with their buffers intact!

Kieran.

They're manufactured by Plasser & Theurer in Linz, Austria.

I have a video of Queensland Rail's Plasser ballast tamper in action, I will upload it and post it here. It very clearly shows the unit in operation on a section of track.

QR's ballast tamper runs on 3ft 6in gauge track meaning that the machines can be customised a bit, so I am surprised that they made it to the States with their buffers intact!

Kieran.

I've seen videos and this equipment operating for real up my way, however, this is the first time I have ever seen equipment in the US with buffers intact outside of some found on tourist lines.

As I said this gives me some ideas now that I am no longer 'restricted' to non-buffer equipment. :)

Back