Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a download station asset, if its not showing for you for some reason there isn't much we can do there. its definitely a built in from TS12 so should be available no matter what from TS12 on forward. If its not, that may be a case of either an N3V issue or something else entirely out of our control. We cant send built in assets.

Bumping this thread.

I also cannot find the JR Grease Spot asset on the DLS, or built-in. I have both TANE and TS12.

Searching here > https://www.auran.com/DLS/ Nothing, just a billboard and a garage asset.

Searching built-in or installed or DLS in TS12, nothing, ZIP, ZILCH, nada.

I'll throw in a complaint for the messy JR website, where trying to find one single kuid always requires downloading 1-6 different huge dependency paks just to find the one that has what you need. :p Especially non-TANE assets !

Rico

I'll throw in a complaint for the messy JR website, where trying to find one single kuid always requires downloading 1-6 different huge dependency paks just to find the one that has what you need. :p Especially non-TANE assets !

Rico

Please explain where this has happened to you. Most of the actual dependencies are packed solo, besides Engine Specs and several updates.

If we don't know what or where the problems for people are we can't fix them or at least make an attempt at it.

As far as the Grease spot that seems to be a casualty of the DLS again, where some people seem to be able to see it, others do not. This started happening more frequently after TS12 SP1 and moreso into TANE.

Please explain where this has happened to you. Most of the actual dependencies are packed solo, besides Engine Specs and several updates.

If we don't know what or where the problems for people are we can't fix them or at least make an attempt at it.

As far as the Grease spot that seems to be a casualty of the DLS again, where some people seem to be able to see it, others do not. This started happening more frequently after TS12 SP1 and moreso into TANE.

Ok :)

This, I know, is an old issue, long-standing in the Trainz world. But one that is not being helped by large assets makers/providers like JR and others.
Most can't be bothered to organize there assets and data properly.

Just an example, but there many JR assets like this one. > JR Metal Fabrication Shop.

Searching for it on the JR site finds nothing, even though it's likely buried inside a 300 megabyte dependency pak somewhere.
Trainzkuidindex searches pull up countless id links to dep paks that no longer exist, have been moved, renamed etc. making it very difficult and time consuming to find individual assets, or even small groups of of assets.

Or if it is, say on the DLS, for a specific Trainz version, that should be noted as a search result.
Or, if it's discontinued, same.
Or, if it's renamed, a pointer to the new name.
If it's superseded by a newer kuid, a pointer to that.

I have attempted to do get many many single assets from the JR site before, but always run into this problem.
I.e, just where in the heck has JR buried it this time?

Rico

JointedRail has no obligation to update Trainzkuidindex's website. It's not theirs to update. And while I agree the site's a bit messy, it's not for the same reason. It just feels cluttered IMO. Doesn't stop me buying stuff though :eek:

Jamie

I can unclutter the site REAL fast. I'm sure y'all won't like the results however. All that clutter is free stuff that costs quite a bit to host.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back