Good DRGW freeware routes?

jonwray

Hey everyone. I have quite a few DRGW locomotives installed but nowhere to run them except for the more modern units which can be run on the Mojave Sub. I've seen a few routes on the DLS, but when I downloaded and installed them they were without scenery and a lot of track was gone.
So, does anyone know of any good DRGW (Rio Grande) freeware routes?

Why don't you create one of your own?

Get TransDEM and pick a hunk of Colorado - it doesn't have to be the Rocky Mountains you know to be the DRGW. How about the line from Pueblo down to Trinidad, or maybe the current line around Alamosa. I traveled through this area this past June and it gave me some ideas for route building.

Sure I know you'll say you can't do it, but if you start small and keep at it, you'll have your DRGW route.

Part of me always says.. "IT HAS to be like the real thing" and the other part says.. "No! It doesn't have to be the real thing, or a real route to be enjoyable!"

The advice above btw J is perfect. Heck, if you didn't want to build a DRGW detailed route, you could always build your own basic shunting yard, for example, on level ground with trees and such off to the side.

<kuid2:119493:1206:3> Timber Ridge Line

Not prototypical but with three gauges of track 30", 36", and standard. And it looks pretty good in TANE (a few defective bridges though)

These two textures were contained in the old Rollins Pass Winter and in the West from Denver Winter routes (to be re-released in the near future). They are not available as standalone downloads.

Both routes - as well as their custom-made dependencies were not (and will not be) freeware, so there is no way to obtain them. They will be available again when the routes will be re-released (a few months in the future), but only to Gold Membership subscribers at TrainZItalia.

"but only to Gold Membership subscribers at TrainZItalia."

Does this mean that they will not be available to buy [once released] unless a person is a gold member? Cheers

Back