New Route Suggestions

There's also the Maine Eastern From New Brunswick ME to Rockland. If you want to add a bit more to this 60-plus mile route, add in the defunct Union, ME branch as well as continue the line south (west) towards Yarmouth Jct. or Portland. This will give you towns, cities, inlets, drawbridges, and some industry along the line. You can even run passenger trains including Amtrak's Downeaster if you want to New Brunswick where it connects with the ME's own tourist trains it runs in the summer. Your route will pass through Bath, Wiscasset, Newcastle, Damariscotta, Warren, Thomaston, and other towns.

I started this route twice, but like Vern it fell to the wayside for no reason other than finding another route or two to work on.

John

Bit of a bump on this one, but looking at the track layout in Rockland I presume they don't "wye" the train in the traditional North American system but use the loop at the west end of the station to run the loco(s) round. Or is passenger service provided by DMU's/railcars?

N&W

pnEL5lijj

Last edited:
Back