How do I delete a piece of track in my yard?

I believe that is true ... but I am working in TRS2006 and the track splines are still seen floating in thin air, even after I delete many many baseboards ... the splines are floating in "Space" even when all baseboards are deleted ... they are still there ... yet they are not ... what they morphed into, is totally beyond me

Last edited:
I tried the AJS Track Eraser ... It din't erase ska-dahh ... They should have a Track/Spline eradicator/assassin ... Like point click Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Z lightning bolt ... BOOM ... spline GONE !

I just can't get rid of these straight splines ... that aren't a spline ... but you can drive a twain on them ... red invisatrack, undeletable splines

Last edited:
I have also deleted the baseboard below the track. It is now floating in the air. I then deleted all the baseboards around the track - and it is still there!
Grrrrr!

Didrik

It usually happens when I sloppily lay track, not zoomed in, and make a mistaken spline point ... It may be that my PC is low on disc space, has little RAM, and is low end laptop ... perhaps my TRS2006 installation is becoming faulty ? Today it was launching splines 45 miles away, connecting to who knows what

I am backing up my routes as CDP's, and Trainz files, just in case my PC is on the way out

I have strange red tracks, that can be driven on, and track can be attached to it ... but they can not be deleted, nor can they be moved ... they are not a track, spline or any other object ... they have morped into an indistinguishable red track

Solution: lay 2 building spline 10m Straight FT track ... join them to both ends of the strange red track ... drag the strange red track to one single 10x10 grid square out of sight, or place it in the woods or under a building ... or drag it into place, and use it to watch trains from a loco in -freeintcam

Last edited:
Wow.
This sounds eerily similar to my thread I started about a scenery object (a tree) that I can't "GET" or remove.
I too have a section of Auran track on the same route that is just there, and has been forever, and I have no idea why. I think at one point it was a road, but during upgrading of TRAINZ over the years, the road spline became a piece of track, but neither the track function nor the road spline function sees it or recognizes it.

I have been looking through the layers aspect. I did a SAVE AS and created a new route with NO sessions.
When I go into the layers area I only have the route and session layer, with the route layer highlighted.

Does anyone recommend merging the default session layer with the route layer and try? I'm somewhat afraid to do so, not knowing what the result will be.

Either way, several routes have issues like this that I REALLY would like to fix!

I have had a similar experience after merging a couple of routes in TANE SP1 HF4, apparently random pieces of track scattered both around and away from tracks and even in mid air outside the baseboard boundaries. Rather than deleting the piece of track, first try moving it. You may be surprised to find another identical track beneath it as I did. 83 pieces of track stacked on top of each other is the most I have found so far, but mostly under 20. So, you may have been successful in deleting the track only to have more below it.
cheers,
Graeme

By now we have two pages on this subject (and several past threads that went to nowhere). Would you think N3V could have made a statement? I guess they are busy fixing the M.I.N. issue among others, and there is no time for this? Just a thought...

Sometimes anomalies like those appear and nothing seems to work. I had some wierd shape that rose high over my landscape that didn't resemble anything. It was just a shape that just hovered there. I tried everything in the box to eliminate it, to no avail. It just annoyed the crap out of me. One day, I was so aggravated that I just deleted the entire block of land and replaced it with a fresh block. It took weeks to get it back to what I had, but at least the phantom shape was never to be seen again.

Maybe the track segment is a fixed segment of track. If so, try deleting while having the object tab is opened.

Another suggestion is to try to drag one end of it to another part of the baseboard. If it's a track spline, then it will get longer. Sometimes by moving it will allow greater ease in deleting it without destroying surrounding trackwork.

You lucky if you can move it. (Oftentimes it can't be manipulated). So, if it moves, take it to an area far away and build a pile of crap over it.

Back