How do I delete a piece of track in my yard?

davoss

Somehow, someway, a piece of track (actually bridge track) got laid catiwompass in my yard. It is not attached to anything. I cannot lift it; I cannot "identify" it; and I cannot delete it - even when I move all the other tracks away from it. I am using TS2009. I plan to upgrade this route to T:ANE but want to clean up my problems before I do.

How do I delete this piece of track?

Didrik
Everett & Monte Cristo Ry.
1900-1910

Are you certain that it is a track spline? It could be a fixed track object which looks and works like normal track (trains can travel over it) but it is actually an item of scenery. Try deleting it using the Objects (F3) tools.

Here is the picture. The item I am trying to delete is definitely a track spline.

94810f768da97e7f4bf12cb3b3e654c3.jpg

Didrik
Everett & Monte Cristo Ry

I do not know how to check layers in TS2009. I could not find any discussion of this feature in the manual.
I have looked through the "Dependency Assets" list for this route and cannot find a track that matches the look of this track.
When I drop the level of the ground under this track, it drops as well. I can also determine the curve radius (=0) of this track as shown in the picture below. But I cannot identify the track nor move a spline point. Does anyone recognize the name of this track?
7457d762fa1ec8ec5b94321eb6feb695.jpg

Didrik

I do not know how to check layers in TS2009. I could not find any discussion of this feature in the manual.
I have looked through the "Dependency Assets" list for this route and cannot find a track that matches the look of this track.
When I drop the level of the ground under this track, it drops as well. I can also determine the curve radius (=0) of this track as shown in the picture below. But I cannot identify the track nor move a spline point. Does anyone recognize the name of this track?
7457d762fa1ec8ec5b94321eb6feb695.jpg

Didrik

If you don't understand how layers work, I suggest you check out the Twitch TV link for Trainz. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoXvafsMC3k&feature=youtu.be

I did a copy-paste of the youtube address above and got an error message "This video does not exist". There appear to be 100's of videos on Trainz so it would be difficult for me to find the video you are referencing.
Could you check the address.
Thanks.
Didrik

I did a copy-paste of the youtube address above and got an error message "This video does not exist". There appear to be 100's of videos on Trainz so it would be difficult for me to find the video you are referencing.
Could you check the address.
Thanks.
Didrik

Don't copy and paste, just click the link. The forum software automatically abbreviates URLs and converts them to links...

The video appears to be for T:ANE and not TS2009. I notice you also own TS2009. How do layers work in TS2009.
Thank you for the link to the video. I will watch it as I become more familiar with T:ANE.
Didrik

The video appears to be for T:ANE and not TS2009. I notice you also own TS2009. How do layers work in TS2009.
Thank you for the link to the video. I will watch it as I become more familiar with T:ANE.
Didrik

Layers work pretty much the same.

The only missing thing in TS2009 I can think of is that bound-layer.

I am sorry, I must be dense. I have searched both the TS2009 and TS2006(which came with TS2009) manuals and find no reference to layers.

I would like to get back to my original question. How do I delete the "bad track" shown in the screen shot above? I have gone into the route building screen and the one session building screen to delete the track but cannot do it.

Since I can determine the curvature (Curve=0) of the track, I assume the program knows it exists. However, I cannot identify it, move it, or delete it.
This is frustrating.
Didrik

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't there something like this a little while ago with the same issue and the advice was to merge the route with the session ? Or am I just having a blond moment?

Doug

I don't have 2009, but in 2010 you access the layers in Surveyor. It is the second from the bottom of the drop down menu.
Cheers,
Mike

Mike,

I just looked at my TS2010 manual and find it talks about Layers. Time to upgrade :), or at least install it and move my stuff.
Now I have to figure out how to move my stuff.

Of course, I am not convinced this will solve my original problem.
Didrik

TS2009 does not have layers. So it can't & won't be on a locked layer; it also won't be a session-specific thing.

Chances are a scenery spline (instead of a track spline) in the scenery tab, swap over to splines and delete it there. It might also be a scenery object fixed track, instead of a spline. If neither of those two work really the only other option I can think of, is that it's a track attachment. Back in the Track panel, switch over the signals & switches tab and try deleting it there. This one can be somewhat difficult as you may need to delete it by clicking on where it is attached to the track, rather then the visual mesh it's self, do so really by just clicking down the nearby tracks until it vanishes.

peter

This problem has been around for ages. Long ago, there were no layers, so don't waste time. I remember deleting this by deleting as an scenery object. For some reason splines got converted into scenery. Try to delete at the main route and any other sessions you may have. Then when I thought I had the problem solved, I had an spline that would not delete anyhow-anyway, scenery, session, route, regular spline and nothing. The item was there no matter what ( single rail), you could attach splines or track to it, but it would not move in any direction, and a consist could travel it. At end, I had to modify terrain and cover it, leaving it alone underground. Then one day just for curiosity I look at the place, and it was gone! And it has not return. I catalog it as a bug, and N3V should have at least acknowledged the peculiarity, even if there is no solution. I think other "peculiarities", such a smoke coming out of nowhere are related.

I now know how you feel ... I have a track that will not delete, you can run a train on it ... you can attach a track to it ... but you can not place a spline point on it, nor can you move it, nor change it's height, nor can you unstraighten it ... it is just there and can not be moved nor deleted ... and this is in good ol' TRS2006, which has no layers ... it is not any of the assets in any tab in surveyor ... it beats the heck out of me ... I think it is a spline or fixed track that has changed into a texture, as it is on a red texture, and is red, like the Invisible Track on a car spline

Last edited:
Back