The Erecting Hall Screenshot thread

Incredible work Vinnie! I really like the job on the hand baking textures, I remember trying that a few times and could never get it right. Just curious, where did this SD70M model originally come from?
This is actually an old model, just given a little help to fit modern texture standards. It is the SD70M done by Sporbust. I believe 2006 or 2009 was the build date. The textures don't look the best in my opinion, but after a bit of spit shining, should look fine.

As for baking, it just takes time. Not time to do it on the first try, but skin by skin it looks better once you do more. That goes with everything. I have done hand baking to a lot more models than this, but truth be told, I never posted it anywhere because I felt they were horrendous and unworthy of release. To be quite honest, this barely breaks the release threshold in my eyes.

I have yet to do most of my texture stuff to this which will really make it look decent. I can't model for my life, nor do I have the passion or patience, yet I manage to have that for skins - gotta love it. Thank you for the nice words.

F-19 Baby

3396d201bc6526a1818c3d3cb23754c2.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

They do look a tad wide, although in all fairness it's not like there are that many good quality photos of the C&O F-19 - or at least, they're not very easy to find.

They do look a tad wide, although in all fairness it's not like there are that many good quality photos of the C&O F-19 - or at least, they're not very easy to find.

We have in our possession drawings for said loco and photos too... fear not

CHESAPEAKE AND OHIO F-19?????????????????????????????? I WANT, I WANT, I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forgive me, but when/where might this be available? It looks superb!

Out of interest I know The Erecting Hall group is building the C&O Allegheny route. I'm doing my own version. However, I haven't amassed the documents from the C&O Historical Society that the EHG has. I'm using whatever reference material I can find through books and the web. I'd love to see how they compare. I may have to accept the wooden spoon award but I have done all the track from a staging yard just West of Hinton right though to a similar yard to the East of Alleghany with a stub of the Durbin route. Now I'm just doing the scenery and reskinning Ben Neal's BL2 into C&O livery as a side project. I will follow this thread with interest. Keep up the brilliant work.

I can't comment much on the C&O Route. I'm just building the locomotives. I'm more of a narrow gauge person and mainly work on small little engines. as some of my buddies like to call them "Tea Kettles"

Speaking of tea kettles, I've managed to make a crew for them. Normally people just put the crew hanging out the cab watching the rail. I've done something a little different.

This crew is working.

e0da5ad544f8f97dde49e7ad058e5981.jpg

Rock On!
~Dusten

Back