The Erecting Hall Screenshot thread

Hi Norm,

Yes I have turned that loco on my turntable.

No, The engine doesn't fit in this kit.

This roundhouse represents in a loose way Hinton WV between 1906 and 1930, The H8 was produced from 1940 to 1946. Later I plan to make that set of stalls that well work on the H8 with the 115' TT and the other stalls in the upcoming set. The real roundhouse had a mix of stall sizes. Enjoy, Don

ea50a7cfd0bac121065e1960a7b2b637.jpg

I suggest you to resize your signature or you'll get a warning ( like me ) from the moderator

After seeing your progress on 3751 a few pages back, I must say I am impressed and personally dying to see the finished product when (and if) it is completed. I wish you all the best with it, there seems to be a strange anomaly with this particular engine that when someone makes a model of it in Trainz, it never gets finished... Sure hope this one in particular will be the blessed one.

Nice work Don, as for me. I am nearing completion on my ATSF Northern(s). Same model my T&E Northerns are modeled on.

Ee81LU6.jpg
Are these gonna be public? Peter over at Peter's Trainz said he was gonna make 3751 but hasn't been released since I first saw his site back in 2014 I believe it was.

Hey Trainman7616,

I see your building the 3751, Are you building it with the 2900 class drawings? If so I'll have to say it could be rebuilt using original 3751 class drawings that I own and can let you use them. If you're interested just PM me.

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

Well theres two issues with that. 1. I dont have diagrams for that engine. 2. Im kinda bored of 2-8-0s plus I have a lot of other projects to do.

Cant reskin a model that doesnt exist. If im right, I think 610 is a S120 2-8-0.

610 is a USATC S160 2-8-0. Currently the only available model of that type of engine is the one made by PetShopBoys, which is payware. If i recall it can also be bought via the Auran store. I don't think he would allow a reskin to be released, but i cannot say for sure as i have not asked him.

610 is a USATC S160 2-8-0. Currently the only available model of that type of engine is the one made by PetShopBoys, which is payware. If i recall it can also be bought via the Auran store. I don't think he would allow a reskin to be released, but i cannot say for sure as i have not asked him.

While 610 is an S160, she's had extensive modifications to make her look more 'American', the most notable being moving the air compressor from the front of the smokebox to the more traditional side of the boiler. Though not as noticeable, she's also had her original cab replaced with a larger one also. Also, the TVRM designated her as the fictional Southern 'As' class. As = American, superheated, just like Ms (4501) = Mikado, superheated. Saturnr knows a whole lot more about 610 than I know, so when he appears, I won't be surprised if I'm wrong in some way.

While 610 is an S160, she's had extensive modifications to make her look more 'American', the most notable being moving the air compressor from the front of the smokebox to the more traditional side of the boiler. Though not as noticeable, she's also had her original cab replaced with a larger one also. Also, the TVRM designated her as the fictional Southern 'As' class. As = American, superheated, just like Ms (4501) = Mikado, superheated. Saturnr knows a whole lot more about 610 than I know, so when he appears, I won't be surprised if I'm wrong in some way.

And I have appeared. 610 is an S160/A, built in 1952 to replace the original S160 No 610 that was damaged, it is essentially an S160 with some improvements. This is where the A comes from. TVRM rebuilt her to an L&N appearance. This included a new chimney, new headlight, new cab, new bell and mount, new smokebox front and door, and eventually removing the S160 style crane hooks. I hope this helps.

Saturnr

Back