The Erecting Hall Screenshot thread

How about we appreciate Don's efforts to make an excellent quality round house, instead of "Can it do this, please make it have that" when he has spent so much time and effort on it. I for one welcome Don's creation, whatever it can or cannot do, Trainz is lacking in good quality roundhouses IMO, and it's very nice to see a new one, especially so well made.

b9499774f2622dc3b36f969de9fb2a84.jpg

This is the 1905 to 1910 roundhouse. The Kanawha came along later than that. At that time Hinton had a 100 ft. turntable.

Last edited:
Thank you for the roundhouse Don.

Riley I was merely asking if a 2-8-4 could fit. Just a small question and didnt do anyone harm. But thanks for the info Chris.

Welcome to Clifton Forge Va. 1950

Looks like you've done quite a bit on your project. That's a lot of track.

After seeing the C&O Hinton division route in TANE, I wondered how close Hinton and Clifton Forge were, since in the mentioned route, the CF portal wasn't that far away. Looking at a highway map, I see that Clifton Forge is around 80 miles away ... so much for my thought that they were closer. On the same map, Thurmond is around 50 miles from Hinton, to offer a comparison of distance.

I suppose that my speculations are pointless unless there was a way to merge your route and the one in TANE. Silly me.

Back