Murchison 2 "modified" screenshots...

brilliant stuff, i love this amount of detail, but one question, theres a LOT of content in there ,how well does it run on the average PC ?

brilliant stuff, i love this amount of detail, but one question, there's a LOT of content in there ,how well does it run on the average PC ?

Gidday Dan,

The answer to your question is surprising well. The PC I'm running the Murchison 2 layout on is an overclocked, water cooled I-5 - 660Ti video card & 8 gigs of ram, (Win 7).

I think when Michael (sirgibby) originally built Murchison 2 back around the 2005-2006 era, he was very careful not to put a lot of high poly content into the layout. (used things like billboard trees, lo-poly track, his own textures, cliffs & river splines, his own houses, etc, etc)...

Back then, you needed a reasonable computer to run the 'high detail" version of Murchison 2. Now days, even with today's low spec'ed PC's, the layout still runs really well. From time to time I continue to add more new contents to the layout as it becomes available.

Then I have a test drive to make sure I'm still getting good frame rates. (so far I haven't had to take anything back off the layout).

I'm sure I will eventually reach a point where I can't add anymore content to the some of the more dense, highly detailed areas of the layout, (without really affecting the frame rates) but I haven't reached that point as yet. In the meantime, I'll just keep pushing the envelope and adding stuff and will continue to do so until I eventually hit that wall.

To be honest, it has surprised me just how far I have been able to push the envelope, especially with being able to add so many speed-trees, shrubs, grass & wildflower splines...

The other thing to note is that I'm still running M2 in TS2010 & TS2012 49922, so I can run a lot of the older 3ft gauge loco's & rolling stock that haven't as yet been updated to run error free in TS2012 SP1 HF4 or Tane... 98% of it runs well in TS2010, but some of it either won't run in TS2012 or is showing errors in TS2012 CMP. Hoping that one day, someone/N3V will correct the errors and bring them up to TS2012 SP1 HF4 & Tane standards/error free...

Have been able to "back version" all of Narrowgauges great new 3ft gauge rolling stock from 3.7 to 3.6, so that it runs in TS2012 49922... (great new 3ft stuff).

There's a lot of really great 3ft gauge loco's & rolling stock available. I'm up around the 170/180 mark for 3ft stuff that works in TS2010...

Looking forward to Michael (sirgibby) finishing Murchison 2 for Tane...

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Gidday Dan,

To be honest, it has surprised me just how far I have been able to push the envelope, especially with being able to adding so many speed-trees, shrubs, grass & wildflower splines...

The other thing to note is that I'm still running M2 in TS2010 & TS2012 49933, so I can run a lot of the older 3ft gauge loco's & rolling stock that haven't as yet been updated to run error free in TS2012 SP1 HF4 or Tane... 98% of it runs well in TS2010, but some of it either won't run in TS2012 or is showing errors in TS2012 CMP. Hoping that one day, someone/N3V will correct the errors and bring them up to TS2012 SP1 HF4 & Tane standards/error free...

Have been able to "back version" all of Narrowgauges great new 3ft gauge rolling stock from 3.7 to 3.6, so that it runs in TS2012 49933... (great new 3ft stuff).

There's a lot of really great 3ft gauge loco's & rolling stock available. I'm up around the 170/180 mark for 3ft stuff that works in TS2010...

Looking forward to Michael (sirgibby) finishing Murchison 2 for Tane...

Cheers, Mac...
yeah, i do wonder how much a lot of the assets i used in the newer version of 2012 SP1 slowed things down,,,, anyway keep up the good work, i never could get Murchison set up right on my PC , might have another go now i have a newer laptop

yeah, i do wonder how much a lot of the assets i used in the newer version of 2012 SP1 slowed things down,,,, anyway keep up the good work, i never could get Murchison set up right on my PC , might have another go now i have a newer laptop

Remember, if your installing into TS2009, TS2010 or TS2012 49922, you can install direct, or use the Murchison2.ja file. If using TS2012 SP1 HF4 or Tane, it's an auto download from N3V via DLC (providing you have registered your Murchison 2 serial number).

If you have the Murchison 2 disk & serial number, you can install it as a stand-alone.

PM me if you have a problem.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
I see lot of TRain movement going on here!

:wave: Looks like Xmas is coming soon, lots of Freight moving on your Road.....Great Pictures, thanks for sharing with us.

I've just received an e-mail from Tom (Harby46 from USA) who's sent me some screenshots of his modified version of Murchison 2. IMHO, Toms done a great job of modifying parts of the 3ft narrow gauge in Murchison 2.

If you want to see how good a job Toms done, have a look at his four You-Tube video's of his modification to the 3ft NG parts of M2; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCXMaBsILXI - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_KCr7gr04c - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWWv3USuseo - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNvWt_12F9M

Toms (Harby46) modified Murchison 2 NG screenshots...

Cheers, Mac (on behalf of Harby46)...

Last edited:
Back