SP 4037 Martinez Bridge.

evilcrow

c55d467c664208ebec62ed60b7e15a62.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
RE Post 1.

1. Blue, Yes SP Cab Forward class AC3, scraped about 1949. The model is Payware by Paul D Mace of Paulz Trainz. "http://www.paulztrainz.myenet.info"

2. Matt, thank you Matt. I did not mean to start a new thread, I should have put the shot in USA steam shots. (still learning the ropes).

Cheers Ken

RE post 5,

The loco you see in the screenshot, is after I have made some texture/steam changes to the model.

Cheers Ken.

Nice job on the Martinez waterfront/Delta area E.C. Looks much like the area I've been through a million times.

It is a good representation of the area. The former cab forward steamers were for crossing the Sierra later on the route heading east.It was supposedly easier on the cab crew because of the smoke being behind them instead of in front of them. I can imagine what that smelled like being behind. The difference in the pic is that train was heading west. Of course, they were probably too lazy to change loks before Oakland. : )

Cheers

AJ

RE Post#9

Hello AJ,

Thank you for the info.

An excellent article with photos about later day SP steam appears in the latest issue of 'Classic Trains Fall 2016' with photo of cab forward 4246 crossing the bridge.

Cheers Ken

Back