Trackside Objects

stouthm

Get over it
Redoing some tracks on one of my routes and cannot place any trackside objects on the tracks. No abutments, bridge supports/piers switches, or signals. Tried in session layer and route layer with no luck. Any suggestions? Yes, I re-laid some of the track and still cannot place any objects.

Redoing some tracks on one of my routes and cannot place any trackside objects on the tracks. No abutments, bridge supports/piers switches, or signals. Tried in session layer and route layer with no luck. Any suggestions? Yes, I re-laid some of the track and still cannot place any objects.

It's a bug in T:ANE and hopefully it will be fixed in this new HF4 that's being tested. Tony even said they are aware of the issue...

How to fix, well a workaround for, the problem:

Close any open routes.

Go to Content Manager

Search for all track except for payware and built-in

Highlight all the track listed.

Open for edit.... ----- This can take some time while the assets get opened up so plan on doing something else while the tracks are opened.

Once all is opened up for edit, submit them again. ----- This can take a really, really long time so plan on doing something else while the splines are submitted. Also do them in bunches if you have a really YUGE number of tracks.

After all is completed, give it a whirl in Surveyor. You'll be pleased to find the problem went away.

Hey John, it's fixed, somewhat. By that I mean that I can place an object on a section of track that is earth bound and then slide it into place. Still cannot place an object on a bridge. I placed wawaso's girder bridge across a span and wanted to place his steel support for it when I ran into my problem. Worked around as I stated above so I'll keep on trainzing. Thanks.

I'll give it a try. Thanks. I'm hoping that your name is John. If not, I apologize.

It is my name and that's me. :D

Sometimes bridges are really tracks even though bridges are a different kind of asset. Tunnels too act as bridges or tracks as well; it has to do with a tag in the config.txt file.

This explains why some bridges will accept the track objects and others as you've found did not.

John

Thanks for all your help. Seems like you're always here on the forum if some one needs help. Just wanted to say it's appreciated.

Thanks for all your help. Seems like you're always here on the forum if some one needs help. Just wanted to say it's appreciated.

You're welcome.

I tend to have the forums up on one monitor while I'm doing something else on another so I can keep tabs on things during the day. I suppose it's one way to stay busy. :)

John

Back