Amtrak Unveils New Acela Trains

They went out of service in the early 2000s. Most of them were converted to push pull cab cars for use on the Keystone Corridor. The "Metroliner" service however is still in used, just with ACS64s and Amcans

Thanks. I always wondered how people could put up with such small windows

I'm looking forward towards the new train.
1. It looks cool and futuristic.
2. It would help reduce trip times.
But I'm also "dissed" off at it.
1. I wanted to drive the Acela but I possibly won't.
2. If you wante to watch a movie, depending on your destination, you'll only get about ten minutes worth. And that's just exaggerating.
So I'm pretty neutral to it.

They are cool, but I'll never ride on the train due to the cost and nowhere to go. I've only seen the Acela at South Station once in the early days.

The interiors are nicely rendered 3d models that remind me of some of the models we have with the post processing turned up. :D

Cool interior indeed but I took it once when I was in NYC and.... my god it’s overpriced I mean it’s supposed to compete with airlines...

Cool interior indeed but I took it once when I was in NYC and.... my god it’s overpriced I mean it’s supposed to compete with airlines...

It actually is quite a bit less expensive than flying because you need to take a shuttle to the airport for $35 to $100, or pay $350 a week to park there and risk not having a car when you get back, broken into, or damaged.

Then in NYC there's the cab or shuttle from the airport to the city, which is megabucks and then some. With the train you're right downtown at Penn Station, which saves all that extra cost of a flight, fees, etc., as well as the longterm parking cost at the airports. If there is any long term parking, it's usually a lot less expensive at stations than the airports.

They are cool, but I'll never ride on the train due to the cost and nowhere to go. I've only seen the Acela at South Station once in the early days.

There are 10 Acela departures from South Station M-F, 6 on Sunday, and 3 on Saturdays.

Peter

Back