Lag spikes?

Hello everyone, I have had to stop playing T:ANE recently because of a very annoying problem with lag spikes that I am encountering. I am using an Apple iMac desktop with OS X Yosemite, and 8GB of ram free. I am playing the Steam version.

The problem: every second or two, both in surveyor and driver mode, the game will freeze for about half a second, and then go back to normal. It is very annoying and very noticeable, and I have no idea what to do about this. I have tried deleting all of my downloaded content, verifying the game cache integrity, running it on the lowest settings, even re-installing the game, but nothing seems to fix the problem. My system is well within the specs to run the game, and it only happened just recently. I really love the game and I want to keep playing, but this problem is driving me insane.

By working offline, this stops all kinds of intrusions on your PC, that slow down your PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Etvk5CnqM

Thank you for the suggestion, But I do not have the time nor resources to do that, and in addition, I was not experiencing this problem when I first bought the game, So I don't think that it's a problem with my internet, nor the game trying to access it. I'm able to play other online games (Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike) just fine, it's really only T:ANE, and one other game, Terratech (both Steam games) that do this. Thank you for the suggestion anyways.

Back