Looking for Small American Coaches.

(Don't know where this would go.)

Howdy I have Trainz 2010 and I've been enjoying it, however I am working on a route and for the branch line I am planning on using Bdneal's Norris 4-2-0 as one of the locomotives. I am using Pencil42's freight cars for the Norris but the problem is I don't have any coaches and alot I find are either too modern, too big or are for UK trains.

The question is Does anyone know where I can find coaches for a Norris 4-2-0 that is American or looks as close to American, have proper passenger system, and is small for a branchline and doesn't dwarf the locomotive as much, Please.

<kuid2:210518:11746:1> Sierra_Railroad_Coach_6 by bendorsey aprox 30'

Narrow gauge coaches that you could try putting standard gauge bogies on
<kuid2:44700:19968:1> 42 Taltal Coach #1
<kuid2:44700:19969:1> 42 Taltal Coach #2
<kuid:633834:140001> 36NG Small Generic Coach
<kuid:44700:18216> 30 PBR 1 NB
These are around 22-24 ft. I had pretty good luck adding the 36" bogie on to the original 42"

Good hunting.

Edit, this is my 36NG Small Generic Coach with the norris. The Taltal and PBR coaches look the same except the PBR is red. You might want to look for a caboose/combine if she is only going to be hauling a single car.

Edit #2

Ha my own comment jogged my memory.

Pencil42's
<kuid2:124060:10032:1> V & T Caboose No 5 green
<kuid2:124060:10033:1> V & T Caboose No 6 green
<kuid2:124060:10034:1> V & T Caboose No 5 yellow
<kuid2:124060:10035:1> V & T Caboose No 6 yellow

Just about perfect IMO unless someone actually makes the original B&O Coaches. These have benches for the passengers and also handle baggage. These also have the proper roof for the era and if you are looking for something a bit bigger the V&T #9 & 10 caboose comes in a passenger only version.

<kuid2:124060:15035:1> V & T Caboose No 9
<kuid2:124060:15036:1> V & T Caboose No 10

Rather larger than I remember but they also have the arched roof.

Last edited:
Edit: Actually pencil42's cabooses are build 2.4 on the DLS so it should be no issue.

The PBR and Taltal coaches are build 1.3

Edit: FYI the B&O York is on the DLS too.

Might look good stuck on a siding somewhere. :D

Last edited:
Perfect, but I'll keep the forum open just incase someone finds actual coaches or makes the B&O coaches.

I do have a bobber caboose I can use as the caboose.

Thanks for the suggestions

I already have York he's pretty good but i don't think he'll be on my route because it actually takes place in modern times.

I am downloading the Taltal coaches right now.

I'll be watching too. I've been looking for coaches from the mid 1800's myself for awhile.

Replacing the trucks is more or less a try and see process. Look for ones from older rolling stock with small diameter wheels.

Last edited:
Thanks for helping me out, i would post a picture on the progress but as soon as i loaded trainz to play, it decided to do a data asset update.

I decided to spend some time on trying to find some standard gauge trucks for the Taltal/PBR coaches. Almost everything I tried were 33" wheels which didn't work so good.

Then, in more or less desparation, I tried the <kuid2:96914:50420:3> Norris 4-2-0 Pilot Truck

A little odd but not as horrible as most of the other bogies I tried. Tbryson2 has some different pilot trucks that might look better but this works so far as I can tell. No brakes though, arrrrgh!

The main problem with the bogies are the wheels are usually too big and clip through the coach, Well I was driving a V&T 2-6-0 when noticed the Tender had 2 bogies each with 4 wheels that are smaller than usual car bogies and here is the result i found.

Just-a-test-on-how-to-upload-images.jpg

Just-for-forum-purpose..jpg

Thanks for the inspiration Pudgemountin1522

SG Small Generic Coach Green and Red

Available on the DLS soon (tm) Build 3.5 Standard Gauge

And thanks to NarrowGauge for the original mesh and textures.

Last edited:
Your welcome, of course I did them for myself. :D

Edit: Note that because these sit so low they don't couple visually to standard height link n' pin couplers.

Last edited:
Back